Home

Best and Worst Voice Actors

tombewley

I can't say any of them annoyed me voice-wise, but certain phrases did begin to jar after a while.

I completed TSL as a male character 3 times before trying the game out as a female, and I never want to hear the Disciple's "You have left me an opening!" ever again.

Visas beginning every conversation attempt with "my life for yours" got a little tiresome too, but again nothing to do with the voice actor.

That's about it though.

My favorites were, in order from best to third best:

1. Jennifer Hale (Bastila)

2. Kristoffer Tabori (HK-47)

3. Nicky Katt (Atton)

None of the others really stood out, to me at least. Except Juhani, Disciple, and Bao-dur had annoying voices, and the two foremost had annoying phrases on top of it.

The worst in TSL was Mira imo. She sounded too much like a stereotypical sarcastic American teenager to me (No offence to American's, it just ruins the aura of Star Wars lol).

The best is the guy who does quite a few different people, the one that springs to mind is the fake TSF guy at the start of Telos, don't know why!

I could do without Bao-Dur, who sounds like he's been indulging in recreational plants...

"Do you have any twinkies, General. I seem to have the munchies"...

ROFL!!! Never looked at it that way...

Personally, I rather liked Juhani's voice, though it should be admitted that I am a sucker for an accent. None of the voice acting jobs really jumped out at me as bad save a couple: Disciple's battle cry ("You have left me an OHpening!) always annoyed me to no end and the guy who voiced the Twi'lek merc on Maanan (Neelix) bothered me.

I would have to say that my favorite bit from the series was when you turn Mira into a Jedi. I always thought that was well acted.

KoTOR:

Best:

Bastila

HK-47

Canderous

Mission

Malak

Worst:

Most of the Black characters didn't have black sounding voices (Republic Diplomat, Admiral Varko, Dorak, etc.). That bothered me.

TSL

Best:

Kreia, Atris, Visas, Mira, Handmaiden, Canderous, Sion, Gerevick (I wish he had more screen time, he was a evil Danny Glover)

Worst:

Atton (Pains me, because he's got some great lines, but some times it sounded like he had a lisp)

Bao Dur

HK-47 (the voice actor didn't sound to be having as much fun this time around)

Disciple

I can't say any of them annoyed me voice-wise, but certain phrases did begin to jar after a while.

I completed TSL as a male character 3 times before trying the game out as a female, and I never want to hear the Disciple's "You have left me an opening!" ever again.

Visas beginning every conversation attempt with "my life for yours" got a little tiresome too, but again nothing to do with the voice actor.

That's about it though.

I completly agree, i played TSL twice (Lightside male and Darkside male) before having a go with female, and i NEVER EVER WANT TO SEE THE DISCIPLE again, i can even remember saying to my mate: O nuts, this guys gonna be tough, bets that micals gonna say- and then before i said anything i heard that annoying line: YOU HAVE LEFT ME A OPENPENING!!!!!

Best: HK

Mandalore and all the mandolorians, they all had great voice acting

Kreia( i actually quite liked her character, how she was a mentor and stuff like that, she also knew how to open a can of whoopa** on people in a fight.

Darth Nilius, even tho he cudent speak basic, i think he sounded really cool.

Worst: Disciple obviously

and probably, Visas the 'my life for yours' line is so old now its not even funny anymore

Best voices in K1:

Carth. Some of the cut dialogue after the Leviathan was different if you were playing as a female character. Raphael Sbarge's delivery of it had me, literally, in tears.

Juhani. I couldn't really pinpoint one thing, but I always really felt the pain and anger in Juhani's voice when she spoke of Taris. And her confrontation with Xor? Wow.

Worst in K1: Any freaking alien voice that repeats the same phrase over, and over, and over, and over....Ugh!

Best of K2:

Kreia: Sara Kestelman was fabulous.

Bao: Screaming fangirl here, of course I was going to say Bao. :p

Sion: Sion's voice gives me goose-bumps. **shivers**

Worst of K2:

Atton. Nicky Katt was great at delivering sarcastic one liners, however, when the dialogue gets more serious I found his voice acting completely lacking. Especially if Obsidian wanted us to feel any kind of sympathy for him.

Handmaiden. Maybe it's just my dislike for her character, but I find her voice very annoying.

And you can really blame Mical for bad writing. He can't help it if Obsidian gave everyone but Bao and Visas annoying battlecries. :p

Frankly, I found GOTO to be EXTREMELY irritating. Bastilla reminded me a bit of Liz Hurley. Liked Bindo, HK-47, Jolee and Carth (when not whiny). Kriea and Sion had distinctive voices and also liked Canderous/Mandalore. Also, not too fond of ed asner (Vrook), but he can play an @$#hole pretty well IMHO.

Any freaking alien voice that repeats the same phrase over, and over, and over, and over....Ugh!

Some of them are indeed really annoying... but I quite like Ithorians myself. They sound so peaceful :)

Handmaiden. Maybe it's just my dislike for her character, but I find her voice very annoying.

She was voiced by Grey Delisle, who voiced Padmé in most (all?) non-movie appearaces (including Clone Wars). And I think that she does sound a bit like Natalie Portman. But yeah, her voice can be annoying (small high-pitched moments :p)

I'd say the best voice actor of the KotOR games is probably Sara Kestelman's voicing of Kreia. I mean, it sends a shiver down my spine just thinking of her saying stuff like:

"It is such a quiet thing, to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it..."

"To be united by hatred is a... fragile alliance at best..."

Or even just

"Betrayal!"

Other good voice actors would be Kristoffer Tabori as HK-47 (though he may get unfair credit on the basis of HK-47's dialogue, which really isn't his accomplishment), Kelly Hu as Visas (somehow very sensual while still rather haunting - perfect for Visas), Jennifer Hale as Bastila (a bit prissy), and Kevin Michael Richardson as Jolee Bindo (lots of loveable "grumpy old guy" there). I alsoo consider Nicky Katt's voice-acting for Atton to be very good - he gets the gist of Atton just right. Ed Asner has excellent voice for Vrook in both games as well, but then it's not so noticeable, since we all hate Vrook with a passion. But just think the voice acting that goes into make us hate him so much :)

Most of the main cast have decent voice acting without making. Grey DeLisle does well as the Handmaiden, as does John Cygan as Canderous.

Courtenay Taylor's voice for Juhani could be a bit annoying, as can that of Greg Ellis as the Disciple. And will you believe he is actually in Pirates of the Caribbean 3 (playing Lieutenant Groves)?!? He also played Michael Amador during the third season of 24.

Still, Sara Kestelman (Kreia) for the win!

Kreia is obviously the best.

"As you would pass judgement on him, so I have come to pass judgement on you all."

Anyways, as for a list...

Best of KotOR II

Kreia

HK-47

Bao-Dur

Worst of KotOR II

Atton

Mical

As for the original KotOR, I thought the voice acting was, on average, better than TSL. Kreia still takes the cake, but one great voice actor in TSL doesnt make up for the fact that the acting in KotOR was just a lot better all around.

Archived