Home

just got it

RC-1162

Welcome aboard :)

I guess the first issue you will encounter is the lack of servers.

Then you realize that the servers that do have players are flooded with TK'ers and Germans.

The singleplayer is quite fun. It's kinda hard though.

Rofl, those damn Germans.

It's pros are the awesome Jedi pwnage.

It's cons are that it's a bit s**t and totally uncanon with Jango Fett and Darth Maul fighting in the Clone Wars and all kinds of stuff like that.

If you didn't play SWBF1 then I'd definitely play through the Campaign and some IA before giving the online play a try.

I've given it some thought, and I came to this conclusion.

When you go to join a game, it looks good enough, what 30 something servers? Most of these are clan recruiting sessions, so you have, now, 11. 1 will be a private game with a password you don't know. Another 2 will be on maps you don't have. 4 won't have anybody on them, 3 will be flooded with rules wussies, TKers, Germans, and General Yoddington. That leaves about 1 good server, if you can find it. But there is an exception. Some (few) recruiting servers let you play without joining so this number can rise to two, or, mabye once in your lifetime, 3.

Congrats! You wasted your money!

The more and more I realize it, the game seems so, lack of a better word, mediocre. The game just seems so repetitive and boring.

And yes, I was excited at first, but the more and more I played it, it was just no fun anymore, and that's why I sold it.

Hey, whatever kicks your bucket! Enjoy it, savour it, and do whatever. Maybe it's your type of game.

I have a question-why is it a bad thing to play on a server full of Germans?

Well mostly I dislike people who won't speak english in the chat for example. French and German people tend to do just that.

I don't personally have anything against Germans, but I'd like to have more international servers.

Well mostly I dislike people who won't speak english in the chat for example. French and German people tend to do just that.

I don't personally have anything against Germans, but I'd like to have more international servers.

Oh. I just thought they were all assholes or something. :p

Meh, I can speak decent French, so I suppose that wouldn't bother me.

Congrats! You wasted your money!

The more and more I realize it, the game seems so, lack of a better word, mediocre. The game just seems so repetitive and boring.

And yes, I was excited at first, but the more and more I played it, it was just no fun anymore, and that's why I sold it.

Hey, whatever kicks your bucket! Enjoy it, savour it, and do whatever. Maybe it's your type of game.

QFT. It should at least have been an expansion.

Jedi/Sith is kind of bad, in my opinion. It's nowhere near as fun as in Jedi Knight, for example. But then, you shouldn't be playing this game to be a Jedi.

Not everyone speaks English on our planet. Yes, international and language-specific servers would be needed (not worth it for the current population in BF2 though), but you have to accept the fact that people have the right to speak the language they wish. Now, I wouldn't say it's a good idea (I never "spoke" french in multiplayer games), but saying that you dislike these people simply because they don't know English is a bit harsh.

@Darth54, there is an expansion coming up in Jan 07

Are you talking about this ?

If so, then it was january 2006, not 2007. Never heard about anything else. It's kind of too late for an expansion anyways.

And what I meant was that BF2 should have been an expansion to BF1. Not enough new content to justify a whole new game.

Well, that is that stupid xxxbox only addition, but I won't call it expansion.

And, someone need to make a copy of the maps, and pack it up so we can play it on PC.

Other than that, I can "forsee" not expansion exist on January 2006 for some reason...

I don't think there will be a Jan 2007 expansion either, maybe BF3.

Then again BF3, if it would ever exist, would be just a patched up BF2, with some good things left out due to a rush job, like the 1st person view that is left out in BF2(from BF1, and I love 1st person view cockpits).

Then again BF3, if it would ever exist, would be just a patched up BF2, with some good things left out due to a rush job, like the 1st person view that is left out in BF2(from BF1, and I love 1st person view cockpits).

/agree

I'm not buying any other "Battlefront" game, unless it has a sparkling new engine. There's not much left for totally "new content". Only improvements (big ones). But I'm not spending a penny for what should have been in the first game.

And no cockpit view was absolutely rubbish. It's the best part of being in a starfighter :(

*Installs TIE Fighter and plays it*

Are you talking about this ?

If so, then it was january 2006, not 2007. Never heard about anything else. It's kind of too late for an expansion anyways.

And what I meant was that BF2 should have been an expansion to BF1. Not enough new content to justify a whole new game.

What do you mean by "BF2 should have been an expansion of BF1" ? So you think Battlefield 1942 should have had an expansion pack called Battlefield 2003 or something?

Archived