Home

If you could pick one droid to have at your side, which one would it be?

swphreak

That's right, one droid. From any point in time, which would you pick?

My dream choice would be a non-cyborg General Grievous droid. Just replace the organic parts with machines, make it a full droid, and then I'd slap a blaster on each of the four arms.

My actual first choice would be a YVH droid. If they can take on Yuuzhan Vongs, they can take on the regular thugs of the galaxy. I'd probably slap on some cosmetic changes so it doesn't look like a skeleton.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I-5YQ is a heavily modified 5YQ protocol droid. He has hidden lasers in his index fingers, a hidden compartment for smuggling, and other dothingies. I-Five appears in Shadow Hunter and the Medstar books. And Coruscant Night is a new novel written by the same guy who did Shadow Hunter and the Medstar books. So it's possible he will return.

Coruscant nights is a upcoming series of books set in the Dark times its strongly rumour I-five will show up and hopefully Lorn Pavan's *I-fives former owner killed by Maul* Jedi son.

As for who is I-five i'll just qoute Wookieepedia

I-5YQ, or I-Five, was a wise-cracking 5YQ-series protocol droid that had his creative dampeners disabled, rendering him quasi-sentient. He possessed several unique talents, including the ability to project a variety of pitched sounds that could do everything from curing sentients' hangovers to sonically cleaning dirt off of his coverings. Also, he had the presence of mind to alter the brightness of his photoreceptors in an attempt to visually display emotions. He was owned by information broker Lorn Pavan, who treated him less like a droid and more like a business partner, and who installed several modifications for I-Five, including small lasers located in the droid's index fingers.

The partnership would not last, however, as Pavan was murdered by the Sith Lord Darth Maul after the duo became involved in Trade Federation officer Hath Monchar's plot to sell details of the impending Trade Federation blockade of Naboo. Knowing that he would not survive the ordeal, Pavan entrusted I-Five to Sakiyan restaurant owner and small-time criminal Tuden Sal before his death, but was betrayed, as Sal had long coveted the droid and immediately set about reprogramming him.

Years later, during the Clone Wars, I-Five showed up on Drongar, working as a medical assistant at RMSU-7. There he befriended Sullustan reporter Den Dhur, surgeons Jos Vondar and Zan Yant, nurse Tolk le Trene, and Jedi Padawan Barriss Offee. Under the tutelage of the hard-drinking Dhur, I-Five successfully got himself electronically drunk one night at the Rimsoo's cantina and managed to have one of his arms pulled out of its socket by a Wookiee.

Slowly but surely, I-Five was regaining his lost memories, and by the end of the Battle of Drongar, he remembered nearly everything about his past, including a promise he had made to Lorn Pavan, which was to watch over his son who was in training as a Padawan at the Jedi Temple. Upon hearing of this, Barriss Offee gave a sample of the wonder drug bota to I-Five and ordered him to deliver it to the Temple for examination so that the droid would have a plausible excuse for shirking his medical duties. I-Five then left Drongar for Coruscant with his new friend Den Dhur by his side.

There you go buddy a breif history of the awesome droid I-Five!

R2 may not be that combat oriented on average, but he is a l33t h4x0r.

Speaking of which, I think I might make a poll out of this topic, the following Droids should be on it, other suggestions??

Guri

HK47

R2

T3M4

C3PO

I-5YQ

G*NK (Just cause these guys formed a religion)

It's a tie between an astromech and a HK-type for me.

Astromechs (especially R2 :)) are nice. They're useful in many situations and can fit in most starfighters. An HK-type is both a bodyguard, agent to do the hard work and a protocol droid. Of course, I'd program him so that he uses "meatbag" often.

^^^

But not a coralskipper from Star By Star, If I remember correctly.

dntab

Actually it took THREE direct hits from a coralskipper without fully dying. On the first shot it's slightly damaged and desides to sacrifice itself as it has become a liability to the mission. It gets hit TWO more times and still is able to direct itself into the coralskippers path and self destruct. By testing, it can take one coralskipper blast in the chest without breaching, but needs less than 24 hours to repair plus a new laminanium ingot and energy recharge.

• 1 month later...

Archived