Home

If you could pick one droid to have at your side, which one would it be?

swphreak

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IG-88 would be the obvious choice, but I'd have to give him some new programming so that he wouldn't kill me like he did his creator...otherwise, I'd choose R2-D2 just because he has a lot of experience, and is basically a self-sufficient pocket knife (with thousands of attachments).

I choose R2-D2. That little droid gets butt!

Who was it that saved the Queen, the Jedi, Anakin, and the crew when fleeing from Naboo? ~R2

Who saved Padme from molten hot metal? ~R2

Who helped Obi-wan and Anakin rescue Palpatine from Grievous? ~R2

Who helped the Rebels against the the Empire by carrying the Death Star plans, and helped Luke find his destiny and destroy the Death Star? ~R2

Who kept Luke company while searching for Yoda on Dagobah, and helped Leia, Chewy, 3PO, and Lando from escaping Cloud City? ~R2

Who gave Luke his lightsaber to help save his friends from Jabba, zapped Logray in the hiny, and helped the Rebels gain entrance into the Bunker on Endor to blow up the Death Star's shield? ~R2

IMO, R2-D2 wins hands down!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always think that T3 is like R2, but T3 is way less cool than R2. I mean, R2 is smart, loyal, resourceful, motivated, and even a bit evil when necessary. But for T3, well sure he is loyal, and good at fixing things, but orther than a few plot twists(toor opening, ship repair opening, door opening quest, droid runaway) he is quite unimportant in the grand scheme of things, and relativerly quiet too compair to R2.

I wish they give T3 a bit more personality. I mean, we know about HK quite a bit, since ie is quite talkative, even as he sneaks up into ship trying to kill (sexy) Arkanians. What do we know about T3?

Canderous was going to use him to break into the Sith base before getting Revan to. Apart from that he doesn't do much except for some humurous scenes with HK and on Tattoine. In Sith Lords however he's absolutely vital. First he saves the Ebon Hawk and the Exile's ass. On Peragus he does so again, helping her escape. On Telos he steals information from Atris that has the Exile search for the Jedi. On Nar Shaddar even if he is sold he returns from Vogga the Hutt with the ID signatures needed to be hunted down by Goto, allowing the Exile to be rescued. He's the one who locks out the navicomputer so Revan can't be found, and takes out HK when threatened about it. Bastila (if Revan was male, otherwise Carth) has him go with Revan to find out where he's going, and then return to find him, or if not him others tied to Revan, leading him to the Exile. And sure he doesn't have rocket boosters built onto him but for whatever reason I find him more appealing.

Yes, You pretty much summed up all T3 storylines, except for the "Learn to meditate with T3" optional sequence.

I guess he is almost as important as R2 for the era then. And no the rocket boosters are not necessary. And I have to admit that T3 is way better armed than R2. I mean, R2 have a electric taser/gun, while T3 have a nice gun, in addition to tasers/flamers/etc and self-repair armor.

• 3 months later...

I would personally choose a female All-Species Replica Droid that is disguised as a caucasian Twil'lek. I would then slap some concealed weaponry in it.

Addons:

• Clone/Synthskin - Makes the android look human, or alien depending on the setting. Same synthskin that was used in Project Decoy and the Galactic Civil War on the Human Replica Droids. However with appropriate raw materials, pigments could be modified at a notice.. Thus forming a camouflage device that allows the shifting of color and markings. Appears as regular skin when scanned.
    []Synthhair - For when the droid needs to appear as different race such as a Wookie. In order to generate hair, there needs to be a source of protein.
  • Improved Linguistic Capabilities.
  • Dorthy Wires - nano wires that can connect between the heels of hands or feet. A simple click of the heels or a slamming of the wrists and *sheen* a wire connects between them. The wire is so thin it can cut through some strong alloys and slip through shields. These would not be in the body itself but instead concealed within the armbands and shoes.
  • Removable lekku. Used as lekku in order to disguise droid as twil'lek. There is also a photoreceptor at concealed in each lek. They can also be completely removed.
  • Fizz - Yes the infamous Fizz. The same nanobots used in the Utegetu Nebula to attack anything that harmed the environment in the Nebula. My droid instead of leaving the nanobots with their own hivemind, controls them with her mind. She uses it to collect raw materials for disguises and for She also uses it to collect the microorganisms needed to preserve her life energy.
  • Heavily Modified VerboBrain processor. Positronic Human behavioral programs. No creativity damper! Lots of self awareness! Self-governed! (I try and give sentience to everything.)
  • Dynamic skin modification program. Used to simulate scarring, aging, tanning, etc.
  • Thermal Compensator - used to make the body seem as warm or as cold as needed.
  • Internal Storage - Holds 6 kilograms of stuff.
  • Advanced Optic Receptors - infrared, low-light and telescopic vision. Locked-access memory recording.
  • Biofiber body. Replicates most functions of the human (or alien body). This includes, but is not limited to: digestion, circulation, respiration, nervous, and to some extent reproduction.
  • Midoclorians - I would transfer the midoclorians from my original body into the artificial body. It has been shown that cyborgs could use the force to some extent.

Yes! I created a awesome Light Side Droid disguised a Twil'lek. Perfect to be my bodyguard. Actually...I would be the droid hiring myself as a bodyguard/mercenary. My soul would be enteched into the body.

I am the second person in this topic mentioning a HRD. Earlier someone mentioned Guri. Being as my droid was created after her, she would be a ARD created by Onadax Droid Technologies. Of course it would have been completely under the table. No records at all.

• 2 months later...
[*]Thermal Compensator - used to make the body seem as warm or as cold as needed.

[*]Biofiber body. Replicates most functions of the human (or alien body). This includes, but is not limited to: digestion, circulation, respiration, nervous, and to some extent reproduction.

Important points quoted! XD

HRD's FTW!

Archived