Home

Anyone knew Malik is a name of an daemon??

Quanon

Well , it still fits with his Evil and violant nature , and lots of games uses names of these daemons and religious thingies ... even the ship Levithian it is a name given to some big snake like monster from out mythologie

But I'm still looking for Kreia , LOL , seems like everybody just hates that charecter ;) Not me , just liked her cold motheriing the exile thing ... I must be drunk typing this ... Those Kotor games sure leave some scars on us ... sigh

Yeah, it's pretty much a standard in writing that the name of a character should say something about the character. Most names will 'color' the character for the audience giving a 'feel' and some form of idea of what the character will be about and/or like. I would have to say (totally from the hip, mind you) that the latin mala was most likely a part of the name choice process, but I would not count out the demon either. As a writer and artist, I look through many resources, name books, other works (sometimes), and even a thesaurus in naming characers. I learned this in college and have had several instrutors and associate demand that this style of naming a character be adhered to. It's mostly standard, I think. Of course, there will always be the wonky names that just happen, but in looking at ANH's cast of characters, there is a definite reasonable explanation for each name chosen.

Good job in pin-pointing this idea. Mythology, folklore, legend, 'foreign' languages, and nods to prior works are all acceptable resources to mine for info.

Well I just knew that the artist's just didn't invent his out of nothing , in many games you'll find that ( the monsters espially ) have names that come out legends and so on . But I like discovering this , because this malak daemon is like a fallen angel , wich reflects a bit the story from kotor . Malak was a good student but turned around .

Finding out these things just gives more depth to the character , even if you already played the game a 100 times it gives me a new look to Malak .

Yeah it's strange that every badguy has to have this kind of special name , but then again it sounds so much cooler if they do have meaning . Can't wait to see Darth Patrick in kotor 3 :jester1: a super uber Sith lord from beyond the void of space .

But if you look at Sion or kreia they use their normal names even Malak doesn't change his name or bears some sort of title . ANakin becomes Darth Vader and Palpatine changes to Sidious ... strange guess that some of the sith have bigger ego's and choose a new "name" ( title ) but others don't , anyway who gives them their names and well aknowledge it . You know , you can't declare yourself lord or king , emporer before the people in general agree that you are indeed worthy to be such ( wow heavy stuff , guess I think to much ;) . And call you so .

Anyway seems like Malak wasn't that bigheaded like nihilius ( can't be his real name , I think it's Ferdinand ;)

Archived