37 members have voted

1. 1. Is the cinema dead?

• Yes
    • No, but it soon will be
    • No

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First of all, the most recent development that's killed going to the movies is cell phones.
Don't worry, they'll probably all get cell phone-jammers sooner or later. There are the idiots who think it's a violation of your rights (eh?), but trust me, it's on its way.

Secondly, babies. Seriously, why the flying **** would you bring your baby to the movies?
Aw, come on, violent movies is an essential part of infants' upbringing:rolleyes:!

Seriously, leave your two-legged air-raid sirens at home.

Third, loud kids, especially when they're in a movie they're not supposed to be in.
Loud people in general. Not that I understand what little kids are doing watching action movies for teens and adults. Let' em wait until they're 13, it's not going to kill them.

The only thing we can hope for is that there will be a massive change of standards, or some sort of invention that makes going to the movies more enjoyable.
3D technology, anyone;)?

And the "it comes out before the DVD"-argument is becoming obsolete due to the tightwad morons pirates who spread bootleg versions of the movies before they come out of DVDs. If you're an idiot with access to Kazaa, then why watch the movie at the theatre when you can watch it for free at home?

I just realised the last film I saw at the cinema was Serenity!
You've got some serious issues if you don't realize what you're watching until days or weeks later:D.

Quoted for emphasis. I hate the going to the theater. I get within a hairs-breath of flipping out on someone with a cellphone, or some loud mouth asshat, or the fact that I paid $9.75 to listen to *BEEP BEEP BEEP NEW TEXT MESSAGE* a million and one ****ing times. Though the one time I spent the $3.75 on a small pop, it ended up being the best $3.75 ever: I beamed a kid chatting on his cell phone dead in the head.

You are my f***in hero :D

Wow. you're guy's money is inflated. It's only $6.25 here for a matinee before six o'clock.

I like the cinema 'cause there's a sweet arcade right next to it so you don't get bored while waiting. The soda here rocks too, and the popcorn.

It's fun to watch people get dragged out in cuffs. But if it bothered you so much, why didn't you jjust pay attention to the goddamn movie instead of them????????

Go see Accepted all you movie goers. That movie ****ing ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, you are my ****ing hero also Kain. I wish I was there for that. God, I would have loved to see that ****tard get ****ing owned!

2 part post:

[Employee Phreak]

You people need to be more assertive. Either tell the people to shut up, or visit the customer service desk at the end of the movie and demand for your money back (or find an employee and let them know about the disturbance). When I worked at the theater, there would be rolls of emergency tickets under the table to give to people who had complaints. And we had enough people with walkie-talkies to coordinate and kick people out. Some punk refused to leave? Radio the front for the cop, the punk gets kicked out, and if we feel like it, a tresspass warrant.

[Movie-goer Phreak]

I haven't had many problems seeing movies at the theater. Perhaps it's because I usually see a movie a few weeks after it's been out. It also helps that I see movies for free so it's not any money out of my pocket.

Yes, Ricky Bobby was awesome. I'm planning to see Accepted soon, it looks like the kind of stupid-funny I enjoy. They're movies, not works of art.

You guys forget the mood in the movie theater is not the same that it is at home. Whenever I have enought money and I'm intrigued enought by a movie, I go see it just because of the mood of the place. So what if a loud-voiced bitch is talking on the phone about how little Tommy has been kicked out of school or how little Linda has got the cold. Who ****ing cares? If the caller really cares, he or she can wait!

The mood is the best part of it all, say I. I love the mood. Especially when they start using the ball-shaped theaters or actual 3D more widely so we get the "we're inside the movie!" thing going on, I'll double my visits. You guys shut it and tell the security of your local theaters about the inconvenience anfd maybe they will do something about it

I want to wear a Michael Jackon 'Beat It' style jacket into a theater sometime so's I can sneak in an 18 pack of beer instead of the 12 my field jacket accommodates, but they don't seem to make those anymore. Me=ass-out. I'd also like to figure out a way to smoke an entire pack of cigarettes at the theater without being hassled by some lame-ass kid that's "just doing my job, sir." You know that same kid is smoking a j in the parking lot with his buddies after work ffs. *Glares at El Sitherino*

The local cinemas here are alright, its clean and cool, but they charge like almost 10 bucks for a single ticket, not to mention adding in the popcorn and stuff. You're better of buying the DVD and keep re-winding to the awesome parts till your DVD player screws.

The poll -

No, cinemas arent dead and they never will be. To those who have their living rooms setup into a home theater then maybe yes, to them at least. But for the rest, we still need a cinema to enjoy movies at big screens with surround sound.

Yeah I had to sit next this fat ass who had a weird laugh during pirates 2.

I was about to tell the dude "Shut the hell up!"

this is how it was.....

Capt Jack- "oh bugger!'

guy " hahahahahahahah hur hur hahahahaha hur hur"

Me- "Shut up you moron, its not funny!"

Archived