Home

Joseph Lieberman appreciation thread

Good Sir Knight

All of the indicators seem to show that he's going to blow both of his competitors out of the water...which I'm okay with, for the most part. At the least, it shows the Democratic Party that they can't get away with castigating a member of their own party and a past vice-presidential candidate over a single issue.

The funny thing about this is that pretty much the only issue that he disagrees with the Democratic Party about is the war in Iraq - he's stood up for the war, but the vast majority of the rest of his votes have been party-line.

It's hard to find better evidence than this that the Democratic Party has been hijacked by liberal wackos.

Well, good for him for sticking to his guns.. but on the other hand he's an annoying, interfering old guy who seemingly wants a nanny state.. so personally i'm quite glad to see him gone.

Toms, I thought with your left wing background you'd be in favor of a nanny state.

Lamont isn't going to be any better in that respect, except he'll be a total noob in congress and he won't be able to pull as much dough as Lieberman....because he's a noob.

I can't wait until November, the Democrats aren't going to take back congress and at best they'll only lose Connecticut...to themselves.

Archived