Home

the myspace thread

Natty

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aren't diaries completely different from blogs (for the most part)?

A blog is a place where you tell people what you're up to, how you're feeling and your dreams and plans.

Whereas, a diary is something that can burn easily.

"Blog" is a very widely used term, and it's often misinterpreted as meaning the same thing as "diary/journal". While there are endless personal blogs, just as many focus on specific themes and have nothing at all to do with a certain individual other than their opinion, and sometimes dozens of people work on the same blog.

Some quick examples are Joystiq and Kotaku, both of which are on networks with loads of other themed blogs. Then of course there's my own blog (link in signature) where I don't think I've ever made a post about myself.

It tends to be the themed blogs that become successful, since nobody's really that interested in random blokes/girls unless they're particularly notable. It's best to just think of blogs as "a place to convey thoughts". Whether they're about you or a popular subject many can relate to is a whole different story.

"Blog" is a very widely used term, and it's often misinterpreted as meaning the same thing as "diary/journal". While there are endless personal blogs, just as many focus on specific themes and have nothing at all to do with a certain individual other than their opinion, and sometimes dozens of people work on the same blog.

Some quick examples are Joystiq and Kotaku, both of which are on networks with loads of other themed blogs. Then of course there's my own blog (link in signature) where I don't think I've ever made a post about myself.

It tends to be the themed blogs that become successful, since nobody's really that interested in random blokes/girls unless they're particularly notable. It's best to just think of blogs as "a place to convey thoughts". Whether they're about you or a popular subject many can relate to is a whole different story.

...whereas, a diary is something that can burn easily.

Actually a lot of the reasons Thrik pointed out about why themed blogs work a lot better than personal ones are basically the same reasons I don't myself have a blog, I have nothing interesting to talk about and I don't know 5 people who'd want to listen to me talk about myself.

Blog has been adopted as a generic internet term now in the same way n00b has. Whilst it does originate from the word (or words) weblog, I think we're stuck with Blog now.

Did anyone think of something up your nose upon first hearing "blog"?

Yeah, me neither....

Edit: I know this is irrelevant, but Ave, you have close to 10,000 posts and you've only been here about 11 months?!

Edit2:26 posts a day? I feel so... so used.

The losers table, I just say that for the equivilant of stooping really low. I mean, there's not such a thing in today's socity as a losers table (Everyone's labeled somthing. Preps, asians, emos. that whole thing that bugs the crap outta me.)

But if you sit at the losers table, I'd be all "OH NOZ!"

no america isn't weird. every school is like what you see in mean girls, sadly =\ and no i'm not exaggerating.

Not my school. We sometimes have mix-it-up day where everyone from different social groups awkwardly eats lunch together in silence.

And also the preps don't rule out school, I do! kinda, I mean, I'm popular in the sence that everyone knows who I am. Either from being Bodhi's cousin, that crazy girl, the chick who sings good, ect.

Archived