Home

Keshire's block animations

Vruki Salet

I was going through Keshire's blocks, which I had sorted out, trying to decide what kind of naming scheme to use on them. I decided to do some forum searches and googling to see if he mentioned how he meant them to be organized anywhere. And guess what I found! A gla and animation.cfg all prepared, and from an old version of OJP no less. I don't know if this isn't the same set of Keshire's block animations people have been referring to but they are the same ones I have.

So, for whoever wants them, here they are:

http://www.taddia.com/vruki/ojp_Keshire_block_animations.pk3

This has ledge grabbing animations but of course none of the new stuff like Maxstate's stuff. Nothing later that early June 2004 judging from the file modification date.

Edit: sorry these are just the single blocks atm

Edit2: These are not the blocks you're looking for.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK the single blocks are all done. They have their own mini animation.cfg file for their own gla. That includes the transitions even though you said they weren't necessary, Razor, because it wasn't too much to put them in and who knows they might be nice to have someday.

The duals are maybe half done. The frame numbers are sorted out, but I'm not 100% sure how to name them beyond "BOTH_P6_" and where to insert "made up" extras that are existing animations played backwards. I'm comparing them to the singles and of course they match but how far they match I'm not yet sure.

If anyone (Keshire? Razor?) knows a pattern for this let me know.

Good work! That's all I can say. I've also finished almost everything else in the HUD, including the ammo and mishap tics (ie. everything fits like a hand in a glove). What's left is just the armor tics

We're all making very fast progress now :)

I've finally had a look at the staff blocks, and I don't think there's any reason to put them in. There's no comparison between them and the single and dual blocks. The staff ones are only 8 anims that go out from ready stances to the 8 Q positions, and back to ready again. Or 8 starts and 8 returns, however you want to slice it. Unfortunately I can't always make out which position's they're supposed to be, like sorting out the QL, QBL, QB. There isn't much difference between some of them.

So I'm skipping this one for now. Maybe someday someone can make some blocks for staff that are like the Keshire's single and dual blocks, but there aren't them.

I have bad news...the dual saber blocks aren't useable. The model root is off, so the player models skip up into the air whenever they try to block anything with the new saber blocks. CRAP!

I'll give Keshire a ring. Maybe he can help out now that MB2 18 is out.

That's good to hear, it'll really speed things up fast

It's not Vruki's fault. This is a general problem with the original source files that Keshire did.

When he did those, he was using XSI and there were a lot of small technical problems like the one we have now.

Say does someone have a dummy .glm model for the staff sabers? I only have one for single/dual sabers.

Archived