Home

Forums

Niner_777

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in addition to LF, I'm also a member of CameraHacking Forums (which I was only active during my hacking project >.>) and Delta Squad, my clan.

No that I've been made RC leader of the clan, I'm starting to go to many different clans to spread the word of our existence. I'm scheduled to register on TBS, 7DS, GG, LRRP, and RC. Maybe even more, if needed.

Are there any negative effects that come with registering on too many forums?

Are there any negative effects that come with registering on too many forums?

Do you use cookies for all of them, that can be a negative effect… not to mention time wasted that one is not in the outside world…

LucasForums (duh)

Obsidian Forums

PlanetElderScrolls (Morrowind Summit)

Official Elder Scrolls

Bioware Forums (NWN, SotU, HotU)

Official KotOR/TSl Forums

FileFront

and a handful of misc "techie" boards..

Of course I'm most active here and PlanetElderScrolls.. the others are just a few comments every now and then.. :D

What's that mean???
Well cookies are temporary internet files and if you just clean them out sometimes you can notice your internet "speed" gets a little pick-me-up, kinda like if you clean up spyware. Picture your computer as a fish and websites as fisherman, the websites catch you, and then tag and release you. Cookies are pretty much just ways for websites to track who visits, and a way for them to remember you when you come back. Just check out a few articles:

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Personally I don't worry too much, I just make it a weekly thing to clean out my temporary internet files.

Im only a longtime regular here. Though I have lurked at TFN since 99/00.

Recently I have been at a forum for Windows Media Center users/system builders, just sorting through tech stuff when building MCE rigs.

Apart from that, I have not much else time on the net. Though I do occasionally catch some old swamp buddies for a chat :)

mtfbwya

Well cookies are temporary internet files and if you just clean them out sometimes you can notice your internet "speed" gets a little pick-me-up, kinda like if you clean up spyware. Picture your computer as a fish and websites as fisherman, the websites catch you, and then tag and release you. Cookies are pretty much just ways for websites to track who visits, and a way for them to remember you when you come back. Just check out a few articles:

Article 1

Article 2

Article 3

Personally I don't worry too much, I just make it a weekly thing to clean out my temporary internet files.

Okay, thanks. How do I clean out my temporary internet files?

LucasForums is the only one I use with any regularity.

Also a member of:

Bioware's forums

StarWars.com/LucasArts.com forums - I'm not surprised that nobody in this thread (with the possible exception of ChAiNz) has listed membership in these forums. The actual starwars.com forums aren't too bad but the LA forums seriously lack modern message board features like search and thread subscriptions. Seems to me that LA only has forums because they're supposed to, not because they really want to.

Official KotOR/TSl Forums
meaning LucasArts.com forums?

Cool, thanks. I deleted all the files. Does that just make more space in the computer, or something else?

It also gets rid of any evidence of sites you've visited. Which, at times, can be handy. ;)

Well, most evidence anyway. Most people wouldn't know how to find out what you've been looking at without stuff like cookies or browsing history.

Archived