Home

New Player Model

wolfard88

I was hoping someone could make a custom model for the male PC in TSL. I can provide the head that I intend to use, but I want the body to be more muscular. I also wanted to change the eyes to green if possible. Just reply if you're interested in helping.

Thanks

We can't create new body models atm. We can edit existing body meshes, but we can only really move vertices, nothing much in teh way of adding anything.

So no go on the muscle but changing his eye color is very easy if you have photoshop or somethnig simular. Just open up the TGA texture file for your characters face and his eye color should be a part of that. From there you can change it to whatever color you want and place it in your override.

Svosh had made a reskin of carths body model awhile back to make him look more muscular. You can check it out at svosh's site and see if its what you are looking for:

http://www.angelfire.com/crazy2/xclone_0101/kotor_mods.htm/

If it is then i suppose you could ask him to port it to TSL (since TSL has original Carth model i think it would be perfectly legal), and use the body model for your player character.

Edit: To clear this up, no you cannot actually edit the body mesh to look bigger/buffer, but you can reskin the body as svosh did.

Edit: To clear this up, no you cannot actually edit the body mesh to look bigger/buffer, but you can reskin the body as svosh did.
That is not entirely true, you can edit body meshes, but you cannot add any vertices. What this means is I suppose it would be possible to move vertices to make a more muscular person, but it would take a lot of skill and trail and error to make it look decent.

That is not entirely true, you can edit body meshes, but you cannot add any vertices. What this means is I suppose it would be possible to move vertices to make a more muscular person, but it would take a lot of skill and trail and error to make it look decent.

Actually it is possible to completely replace a body mesh with a new one, but you need to know what your doing, and sadly there are not to many in the KotOR modding community that have the skills to accomplish this.

However just tweaking a game mesh is simple and really only requires minimal knowledge of gmax and the ability to read the tutorials included with mdlops.

In fact svosh had been working on doing a mod that made body changes sometime back by adding Sion's boots to a normal body. That and Kha wrote a tutorial just recently about doing just this type of body part replacement. However anything modeling is all greek to me. (That reminds me I really should take a Greek correspondance class. :D )

Actually it is possible to completely replace a body mesh with a new one, but you need to know what your doing, and sadly there are not to many in the KotOR modding community that have the skills to accomplish this.

However just tweaking a game mesh is simple and really only requires minimal knowledge of gmax and the ability to read the tutorials included with mdlops.

Learn something new everyday, thanks T7, guess it's something I missed while I was gone, though I don't think I'll have the time to try and learn how to do such unfortunately. We're still limited to moving vertices in head models though correct?

In fact svosh had been working on doing a mod that made body changes sometime back by adding Sion's boots to a normal body. That and Kha wrote a tutorial just recently about doing just this type of body part replacement.
I saw these things but I didn't know it equated to being able to create an entirely new body mesh, makes me wonder what else I missed, I better go dig through the MDLops discussion thread and such to see what I missed.

Archived