Home

using an open engine?

stubert

i really dont want to wake up the death but i would like to know if there are any news regarding this topic.

using an open engine would definity be great so i just want the discussion to go on :)

i'm willing to help (C++/C) if someone starts a project, but first there are a lot of things and problems to clarify.

• 2 months later...

the game isn't dead... if u think 2,000 people on JKA 1.01 is dead then open your eyes

tido: ravensoft are full of dummies, they wont pull any 'favors'

lucas arts doesn't give out codes for any of their games developed or published

Its not going to happen, period.
it could if some one is actually willing to put a whole lot of effort into it... but a lot of effort, too much than necessary perhaps. no need to be negative, it's possible.

the game isn't dead... if u think 2,000 people on JKA 1.01 is dead then open your eyes

tido: ravensoft are full of dummies, they wont pull any 'favors'

lucas arts doesn't give out codes for any of their games developed or published

it could if some one is actually willing to put a whole lot of effort into it... but a lot of effort, too much than necessary perhaps. no need to be negative, it's possible.

Sorry, I don't consider saber only honor servers anything of real data to tell me the game is "alive". I see the one CTF and one siege server that are rarely full on day to day basis as being damn near dead.

My eyes are plenty open m8. Seems more of you have your eyes closed or are clouded by the lameness that is JA-.

tinny, it doesn't mean it's illegal... and yeah it's possible but it would be easier to walk through lava then do it.

it's not dead, ensiform.

jk2 is near dead, in comparison between JK3 and JK2, jk2 has about 100 people on v1.04, about 1,000 active total, while on jk3 theres about 5,000 active on both versions. it isn't dead.

if u consider "not dead" games like CSS, CoD4 or CoD2 (xfire.com ranks), i would consider them over-populated games instead of a normal game.

Using any code elements or resources from JA, equals commercial exploitation.

Utilising any factors of Star Wars intellectual property, equals copyright infringement, plagiarism (the kind you can get sued for), and theft of intellectual property.

Both require rather expensive licenses in order for them to become legal.

Said it before, will probably say it again: Welcome to the era of red tape, where you can't even take a crap without having a judicial summons shoved through your mailbox. -_-'

• 1 month later...

Actually, I think JKA is more alive than you estimate - by MB2 ;)

MB2Forums have 4,673 members atm, and most of players dont even come there. I'd estimate that occassionally maybe even 8,000 players play MB2 alone.

I'm working on creating a Star Wars game on Valve's Source engine :)

Linked below

It's already in beta. We plan for a summer release.

However, this will be just the base for later, fully-SW game.

In first release there is CTF/TDM with gunners only (no saber system or forces yet, you can imagine the ammount of work involved solely into those two).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

I hate reviving and old thread, but i think it's worth investigating how we as a JA modding community can port JA to something like ioquake3. Was hoping a new jedi knight would get announced in the last few years, but it looks unlikely with 1313 coming out.

• 3 months later...

Archived