Home

All the icarus scripts edited for coop and compiled

Vruki Salet

Razor you didn't come back and say whether to do this or not, but I just assumed the instructions in OJP_Coop.txt were still valid.

This pk3 has all the .IBI files from the game, compiled from .icarus scripts edited like that file said with camera commands changed to set commands.

http://www.taddia.com/vruki/zzz_MPCoopEditedIcarusScripts.pk3

My domain name (taddia.com) runs out in september sometime and I think I won't be able to renew it right away, so if that link doesn't work ask me for the IP address and get you a new link or send the file directly to you.

Well, you can check the to-do list (ojp_suggestions.txt) on the repository or the ojp_coop.txt, which includes a list of known CoOp bugs.

In addition, if you want to do the heavier stuff, there's always more NPC AI code that needs to be ported from SP.

BTW, I'd appreciate the original source files for the scripts as well, in case we need to alter them in the future.

Also, did all these scripts need camera corrections or did you package them whole hog? I'd rather just have the altered ones if possible since size is at a premeim inside the distros. :)

You cannot have more than 19 weapons because you will overflow your weapons bit and ammo bit if you have ammo more than 19 ammo types at a time too.

what i would do also, is not add them to the weapon struct but declare each with a define, starting with WP_NUM_WEAPONS+1 just because clients really can only use the MP weapons anyway...

How so? And you cannot make clients have more because it will overflow if you change MAX_WEAPONS that value is part of msg.c which you cannot change without the engine bitching at you. Take a look at http://www.etfgame.com for instance, it is ET but it is the Q3 codebase and it has many many more than 16 weapons that Q3 allows. What it does is only gives each class the weapon they are supposed to have and give weapons does not work do anything or give weaponnum/<name> so it is definately possible.

How so? And you cannot make clients have more because it will overflow if you change MAX_WEAPONS that value is part of msg.c which you cannot change without the engine bitching at you. Take a look at http://www.etfgame.com for instance, it is ET but it is the Q3 codebase and it has many many more than 16 weapons that Q3 allows. What it does is only gives each class the weapon they are supposed to have and give weapons does not work do anything or give weaponnum/<name> so it is definately possible.

There are some special, JKA specific files in the ext_data folder that allows us to change the size of the variables sent in the entityState_t and playerState_t. I suppose you could link the weapons to specific npc classes, but that would still require client code modifications.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping a weeks old topic, but do these scripts work with the current releases of OJP or not? Cause I want to play the singleplayer levels in Co-Op as Cube Man with a bunch of other Cube Men, but be slightly more functional than right now. And if the scripts do work with currently released versions of OJP, will it work with both Basic and Enhanced or just one of them?

There are some special, JKA specific files in the ext_data folder that allows us to change the size of the variables sent in the entityState_t and playerState_t. I suppose you could link the weapons to specific npc classes, but that would still require client code modifications.

at least it would work by linking them even if it takes a lot of work.

this doesnt allow you to change the size of specific stat defines they are always either what the #define says or 32 for weapons, check bg_public.h it says:

//MAKE SURE STAT_WEAPONS REMAINS 4!!!!
//There is a hardcoded reference in msg.cpp to send it in 32 bits -rww
STAT_WEAPONS = 4,

not sure if it is true or not for mp but yeah.

I must have recieved a different file. The one I had only had the compiled scripts.

However, I do have an additional question. It looks like you converted the scripts whole hog. Was there a reason for that? Not all of the scripts have camera commands to convert in the first place.

Also, could you please PM your IM contact information? I seem to have lost it. Thanks!

Whole hog? That zip file only included the ones that had cam cmds to be edited. No others are included. Look for a REM that says "former CAMERA_COMMANDS cmd follows" and you'll see that it's in every one of the .icaruses there, and you should also notice that there are only 223 .icarus files there while in the original game there are I think 1510.

I have also only included those 223 .ibi files. This is in accordance with what you asked earlier.

No need to PM you can aim me at vsalet. Right now I plan to be here for about 10 minutes. (It is now 1:34am US Eastern time)

Archived