Home

TSL, WXGA, and/or windowed mode

Zagadka

Heya,

I just got in my spiffy new WXGA monitor, and saw something horrible: KotOR won't play at anything better than 1280x1024, and simply stretches out grotesquely.

So... is there any way to get it a better resolution, or at least make it run in windowed mode?

TIA :)

From http://www.tweakguides.com/KOTOR2_7.html

Swkotor2.ini

[Graphics Options]

FullScreen=1

Changing this setting to =0 should allow KOTOR 2 to run in windowed mode, but it seems the game does not operate in Windowed mode properly. Changing this setting can result in black screens when movies are playing and various other graphical problems, so it is best left at default.

For KotOR the setting is the same only the file to look for is swkotor.ini.

I've never tried playing KotOR or TSL in windowed mode so I really don't know if this will work. But KotOR wasn't designed with widescreen displays in mind so you're going to have to stick with standard resolutions like 1280x1024 or 1024x768.

But KotOR wasn't designed with widescreen displays in mind so you're going to have to stick with standard resolutions like 1280x1024 or 1024x768.

While true.. there is a way around it ;)

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php?title=UniWS

I use this program for my widescreen monitors, simply because playing in windowed mode aggravates the **** out of me. My mouse pointer keeps going "out of the lines".. senility and all that... :xp:

Very nice. Now I'll know where to go to get KotOR and TSL to display properly when I get that 20" widescreen LCD I've been drooling over. :drool1:

So what custom resolution do you use for KotOR and TSL with UniWS? Have you run into any problems using it? I'm curious as to how the display doesn't get stretched like Zagadka describes.

So what custom resolution do you use for KotOR and TSL with UniWS? Have you run into any problems using it? I'm curious as to how the display doesn't get stretched like Zagadka describes.

Unfortunately with this program, there's not really a ton of options.. there's about 1-3 maybe resolutions you can use.. but it sure beats playing in windowed mode.. hehehe. Don't download the program if you're looking for 1680 x 1050 or higher res.. It won't go that high, but it will at least provide a few widescreen ratios you can play without it scrunching and stretching.

The game seems to handle it fine since it (and any other game) can render out the entire screen no problem. All the models, textures etc. used to compile the area are there already in the game, it's just a widescreen is able to show more of them with the increased FOV field of view ;)

Archived