Home

Selectale Alien PCs

HK-87

Should there be alien Player Characters?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Should there be alien Player Characters?

• God Yes!
    • No Way!

I'm against it.

I want to identify myself with the PC to some extent. I would never want to play an alien like the Rakata, I prefer Humans.

Sure, If I could still pick Humans, it would theoretically not hurt to have selectable races, but the time spend to integrate aliens as PC could be better spend somewhere else.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it would be a cool idea. When you start the game up, you get to choose from an assortment of human pc heads and alien pc heads. I would buy into that idea. I think they did this for another Jedi game. I can't count how many times I downloaded a twel'ik pc head mod, so I would have a deversity of choices besides human. :)

I think it would be a cool idea. When you start the game up, you get to choose from an assortment of human pc heads and alien pc heads. I would buy into that idea. I think they did this for another Jedi game.

The game you refer to is Jedi Academy, where the protagonist - Jaden Korr - could be Kel Dor, Zabrak, Rodian or Twi'lek in addition to being human.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jaden_Korr

I think it would be too hard for the story line.

Why? Would it have made any difference to the plot of KotOR if Revan was a twi'lek or to the plot of TSL if the Exile had been a cathar? Not as far as I can see. The gender and alignment has far more impact on the plot...

No. Of course not. Star Wars has always been about human heros, and as far as I'm concerned, it should stay that way. True, many mention JA, but look at it canonically. (or, in fact, just look at the previous - and better :xp: - games in the series)

@Jediphile, you have a point. Though, "from a certain point of view", I think it would make a difference to the plot, partly because of what I just stated, and also because there is no Bastila/Carth romance in K1 (which I consider to be part of the plot, especially with Bastila) otherwise. I mean, yeah, there still could be romance, but it isn't the same.... if you know what I mean....

It wouldn't make much sense, anyways. What about languages? Not all aliens can speak Basic, yet you would still have to have party dialogue that makes sense. What about personal history?

Why? Would it have made any difference to the plot of KotOR if Revan was a twi'lek or to the plot of TSL if the Exile had been a cathar? Not as far as I can see. The gender and alignment has far more impact on the plot...
Pretty sure Bastila wouldn't be falling for Revan if he looked like Bib Fortuna.

Well,

I guess if we could play as an alien, we should limit it to aliens who can speak basic. They are still a lot though: Twilek, Rodian, Zabrak, Cathar, Cerean, Miraluka, Caamasi, Chiss, Mon Calamarian, Bothan, mysterious Little Green Jedi species.

Maybe the following could also speak basic but I am not sure: Trandoshan, Sullustan, Ithorian, Falleen.

Sorry, no: Wookie, Ewok and other furry friends. And no Rancor or Hutt either of course. We have to stay realistic, don't we?

haha Gungans are the weirdest race in Star Wars. I would like to fight them though, maybe a planet in K3 should be Naboo, and the evil thing to do is fight them. I really dont like the gungans ;)

True. Battlefront has exactly one highly redeeming feature, which makes it worth playing again and again: "Meesa gonna die!" :evil2:

No. No alien Player Characters in KotOR III. I think there should be more ways to customize your human face, but I like to think of it more as playing as myself in the KotOR series. Becoming an alien would massively screw up any possibility of a romance plotline, and it would make it feel like you were playing as some other character and not yourself. Alien PC gets a big thumbs down.

Well, As we know it being non-near-human may well be affecting interaction against the PC, so it may not be a good idea.

Basically the galaxy far far away is quite humanocentric in nature, even before the Galactic Empire.

I do hope they would provice more customizable heads though, maybe like what they do in SWG.

I don't think being alien would affect me being in-character though. Then again I feel more connected playing as non-humans mostly, and I avoid playing as humans in any roleplaying if ever possable. (Yes I play as a happy Twi'lek in SWG, used to)

• 1 month later...

I agree with Foley, and i'll take my time to explain:

The humans in Star Wars aren't in a particulary good position. They are slaves, low-life's etc, while the aliens are the real 'bosses' around. For example the Hutts, Yuuzhan Vong, etc.

Several brave men (Skywalker epoch, Solo-clan etc) rise above their human mediocre level and bring galaxy changing effects in motion.

That's cool and THAT's what I want to play: A human who can change things. :)

Archived