Home

Where can I buy/play this game?

dirtmonkey37

I had Grim Fandango years ago, but I was younger and more naive and only played it for an hour before giving it to my cousin (I was a little kid).

Now, I am dying to play it. Clearly, this game is nowhere to be found (1998-2007 is 9 years...), so is there any internet site or any place where I can download this game?

I have windows XP btw, and the demo didn't work properly with me (the sound kept turning off, causing me to start the demo, and the shadows were weird, along with some other graphical bugs).

You should try places like eBay and keep your eyes open in stores that sell used stuff. If you're ready to pay a lot, Amazon.com also has it. Also, does your cousin still have it?

Compared to the end product, the demo is quite buggy on XP. I have no problems with running the game on XP, but some people don't seem to get it work no matter what.

You should try places like eBay and keep your eyes open in stores that sell used stuff. If you're ready to pay a lot, Amazon.com also has it. Also, does your cousin still have it?

Compared to the end product, the demo is quite buggy on XP. I have no problems with running the game on XP, but some people don't seem to get it work no matter what.

My cousin doesn't live in the U.S. so that's not an option, but I could ask him to mail it.........hmmm....

I tried to download it via bittorrent but that didn't work out too well, I have one of those "open with" files where the computer doesn't know what program to use to open the file with.

Hello,

I have a copy of Grim Fandango in original box, CD covers, etc. and even the full Strategy Guide all in great condition. I was not planning to sell it, but would consider it for the right offer for someone who will take care of it. Let me know if you're interested and what you would be interested in paying for it.

Best regards.

Anyways, does it work on windows XP on your computer?

I have not tried it on XP. I see that another person says you can get it in England cheaply... Online, it seems to be more of a collector's item, so if you can get it for $2.50 you might want to buy a bunch!

Anyhow, let me know if you're still interested in my copy.

I guess you don't know Spanish, right? :lol:

Because I think Spain is one of the few countries (or the only, I don't know) where you can find Grim Fandango in the shops just like it was a new game.

Of course, if you don't know Spanish that's not very useful... :lol:

I have not tried it on XP. I see that another person says you can get it in England cheaply... Online, it seems to be more of a collector's item, so if you can get it for $2.50 you might want to buy a bunch!

Anyhow, let me know if you're still interested in my copy.

Works on my copy of windows XP (Service Pack 2), although I had to replace the AUTOEXEC.NT file first

I bought my copy from amazon marketplace for around £8, but that was well over a year ago, last time I checked, people were selling for a lot more

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Did they look like new copies stewlil? It'd be nice to know they still keep sending out stocks every now and then. I find it fairly annoying that the official LucasArts online shop still doesn't have any of the real classics in their classics section despite us all submitting interest, which is instead comprised of stuff like Lego Star Wars. I mean, what? I wouldn't mind getting a new copy just because my 1998-era one is fairly tatty.

I used to see new re-releases of a few LEC classics including Grim Fandango back in 2004 in HMV and possibly GAME, but haven't really looked since. I also saw some new-looking copies (DVD cases) in early 2006 in GameStation.

It's not available in Finland anymore either, and people are fighting over used copies in online auctions. I know someone who is desperate to get the game, but she just can't find it anywhere. I'd like to get a new copy too because the one I have used to belong to my brother, and he didn't take good care of it.

Has anyone tried to get the official strategy guide? It costs almost £50 at Amazon Marketplace and that's called "Low-Price".

Archived