Home

Outcast wont recognize my gamepad!

mensch8maschine

Guys, I just bought the xbox360 gamepad for PC, installed it on my computer and wanted to use it in Outcast and / or Academy, but it wont register in controls!

(yeah I know, lots of stuff i cant to with a gamepad... but its so comfortable!!!)

Any ideas? the pad is connecte to my pc via USB. i read somewhere that that may be a problem for Outcast and Academy; is that true?

Guest Upgrade
Guys, I just bought the xbox360 gamepad for PC, installed it on my computer and wanted to use it in Outcast and / or Academy, but it wont register in controls!

(yeah I know, lots of stuff i cant to with a gamepad... but its so comfortable!!!)

Any ideas? the pad is connecte to my pc via USB. i read somewhere that that may be a problem for Outcast and Academy; is that true?

You do know that you made two identicle topics? But anyway im stumped

No, sofar i couldnt test it with other games since i dont have any, however the installed configuration software that was delivered with it works fine. anybody know whether gamepads work at all? or wether the xbox360 gamepad is not compatible??

Thanx!

(btw, i know i posted twice, the post in the other forum was a mistake since the topic didnt fit, but i dont know how to delete it... sorry!)

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe am right or maybe am wrong, but i do beleave that if the drivers has been right installed, then it should work in JA or JO too, in other words, as long as windows supports or drivers that works inside windows, then it should work.

Dont trust me, i might be wrong, but am right. lol

• 1 month later...

the solution is very simple just go to the control options where you assign a button of the keyboard an action, but in this case instead of a button of the keyboard, just add the buttons of the gamepad, that´s all you have to do, so you can play the game with the X360 gamepad, don´t foget to activate the joystick option so the game will recognize the analog sticks of the pad.

Hope this help you.

Archived