Home

Spells.2da?

HK-87

Don't let the hate flow through you. >.< Anyway,I am utterly incompetent when it comes to mods. and Whenever I try to use the TSL patcher for ChAiNz's Hak Pad, it says "Cannot create E:\override\spells.2da" lil' help?

part two of my questions, whats "spells.2da"? I apologize if my utter incompetence irritates you, mighty modders of KOTOR and TSL >.<

I wasn't sure where exactly to post this, so, if its in a bad place, mods move it >.<

May Teh Force be with you.

-HK-87

I apologize for that bad part, But No, I don't have a spells.2da in my override, (I tried to pass the installer, but, since it didn't work, I deleted the Hak Pad files in it, and i MAY have gotten my spells.2da deleted too.

:nut::lightning:

Well uh.. ANYWAYS....for the deleting thing I'm just a stupid little fool overe here >.< I usually only have the simple kinds of mods, like the WoW ones.. (for those just extract to addons and violla! >.<) once more back on topic... I was just curious as I don't currently have one to put in my override,,, where would I find a spells.2da? is there an "Original" version in the directory? *on an off topic note, runs in fear of Redhawke*

I just checked the HakPad mod files and a spells.2da is included and as such if you do not have one in your override that one should be copied over and editied by the Patcher program. You could try copying that one to your override before installing the mod.

You need only point the TSL Patcher to your game directory not the games override directory. And that you are not running the install exe from within winrar or winzip, that you extract the contents to some place before running the installer exe. Very strange. :giveup:

I moved it here from the Work Bench...

By technicality this is a mod and not a tool, since tools allow you to make mods and aren't used in-game, but go figure. :)

where would I find a spells.2da? is there an "Original" version in the directory? *on an off topic note, runs in fear of Redhawke*

By default, you shouldn't have anything in your override folder. If you've been deleting files from the mod, I would recommend downloading it again. RedHawke said the rest.

By technicality this is a mod and not a tool, since tools allow you to make mods and aren't used in-game, but go figure. :)

Incorrect... TSL Patcher is a tool. A mod installation tool as a matter of fact. Tool programs are not just things to 'make mods' with. Programs to make life easier for end users are tools as well. ;)

You will also note the thread for TSL Patcher is located in this forum and not Holowan Labs.

• 3 years later...

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does KotoR have an unaltered Spells.2da?

I'm currently trying to merge two spells.2da files and the merger says I need an unaltered reference file.

I tried to fool it with a blank text file I named "spells" and changed changed the file type to ".2da" but that didn't work.

*kinda off topic*

i resurrected this thread cause I found it by using google to look for a solution to my problem so if the solution is posted in this thread other people will be able to find it the same way.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but does KotoR have an unaltered Spells.2da?

I'm currently trying to merge two spells.2da files and the merger says I need an unaltered reference file.

I tried to fool it with a blank text file I named "spells" and changed changed the file type to ".2da" but that didn't work.

*kinda off topic*

i resurrected this thread cause I found it by using google to look for a solution to my problem so if the solution is posted in this thread other people will be able to find it the same way.

Yeah, you can use KotOR Tool to extract the original 2DA from the game's files. And you won't be able to fool it with a dud file because it actually requires the contents of the file. Otherwise it wouldn't know which of two conflicting values should overwrite the other.

Archived