Home

RIP Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

Devilsfanatic

That was the first thing I learned this morning.

I woke up, came down to my living room where my mom told me that Steve guy died.

"Who?", I said.

"Steve, the crocodile guy."

I just looked at her completely startled.

"How?"

"That fish, stingray I think, stabbed him."

The first thought I had was:"Stingray?" I knew that they weren't lethal, at least not usually. Apparently, that's one of those one-in-a-million cases.

The sky is gray right now. The weather is sad and so am I. I used to watch his show all the time, whenever it was on. The way he handled every animal, how you felt connected to him, he was a great entertainer who could teach you a thing or two about what he loves at the same time. After seeing everything he did, I thought that nothing could kill him. I feel like I lost something personally. I lost an icon, a man I truly and honestly admired, no, I still admire him.

The sky is gray today.

Rest in peace Steve Irwin.

I knew that, but it doesn't matter... the family should be notified before the media. Period.

I agree with you on that--my guess is something leaked out, or they got ahold of some of his other family to get permission to give out the news and make some arrangements before his wife was able to get the news.

RIP Steve. You really made wildlife interesting.

Don't read the following if you're easily offended.

:lol: I can't help it, I know it's awful and horrible, but c'mon. If you ever saw this guy's show you can't tell me you didn't wonder what animal would eventually wind up killing him. There's a line between bravery and stupidity, and I saw him cross it so many times it's amazing he lived as long as he did. My old pub buddies in BC had a pool going on the animal that would kill him--I had $50 on Burmese Python. Stingray wasn't even on the list. It's sad and everything, but c'mon it's not like it wasn't preventable. Darwin at work...

What a shame that a character so colorful and so full of life and love for the natural world be taken so prematurely and in quite bizarre fashion by the natural world.

I always thought he was crazy, but I had major respect for his knowledge and craft. His life's work was unique and for him fulfilling. Most people on this planet don't get to do what they love for a living.

I feel most for his family who's just had a vibrant, positive force in their lives be laid to rest way too soon and way too permanent.

"Go Easy Steve, You'll be sorely missed, but fondly remembered."

Hmm... Not sure if I should mention this, but I'm going to anyway.

One of the Admins over at KotORForce is Australlian, and he's planning on bringing flowers to the memorial at the Aussie Zoo, along with a note containing messages from the members of those forums. If you guys want, leave a message in here, and I'll pass it along to Tekky with the ones from KotORForce. You can leave your real name if you want, but you don't have to.

Archived