Home

TSL - Building HK-47 - parts left over (SPOILERS)

Sadam

Hello all,

I always seem to have a few extra "HK" parts left over once I have finished re-assembling everyone's favourite Assassin Droid, I think there's an "HK Vocabulator" and there's another you can buy from the gun merchant inside Khoonda. Do these have any use/relevance, or were they intended to be used with some cut content (the Droid Factoy?).

I'm asking because iif they don't get a use in the game, I may as well sell them or break them down for components.

Cheers

Sadam

Don't remember which parts there are, but basically you find the four parts here:

1. Peragus, after killing the HK-50 unit (that's the vocabulator)

2. Telos north pole after killing the trio of HK-50s.

3. Bought from the aqualish droid merchant on Nar Shaddaa or from the Sullustan on Dantooine, IIRC. Either way, I think these are the same, and is probably why you have left over parts.

4. Nar Shaddaa in Vogga's warehouse, after T3 kills three HK-50 units (this is the chassis, IIRC).

None of them are of relevance to the HK factory, which was cut from the game (but will be restored in TSLRP by Team Gizka)

There is a fifth, ahem, "upgrade" that you can get if you side with the female rodian merchant on Nar Shaddaa and resolve the political unrest on both Dantooine and Onderon. It's more amusing than useful, although it does give HK a boost to one of his stats. Wisdom, IIRC.

Thanks Jediphile,

I'm guessing I have bought duplicates of the Vocabulator, in the 2 locations you mentioned. I'm sure though, I have picked up an item prefixed "HK" that I can't use to fix him up with (no option appears when I approach HK-47 with the part in my inventory), and also cannot be equipped.

I'll check later and post the item names if I can find them.

Sadam

HK-Pacifist Package by any chance?

If you attempt to give it to him before he is fixed, he won't accept it, but you won't be able to use it later for whatever reason.

If you give it to him (its a conversation option about upgrades) after he is fixed, it gives him a few stat boosts after the conversation ends.

I hope this helps.

HK-Pacifist Package by any chance?

If you attempt to give it to him before he is fixed, he won't accept it, but you won't be able to use it later for whatever reason.

Due to a bug, you don't get the chance to use the pacifist package if you ever told him to stop using the phrase "is there anyone you want killed, master" every time you approach him. Let him say it everytime, and you'll get the option to install the pacifist package (the "upgrade" I mentioned), which will lead to some... humorous results. And a boost to his stats.

There actually is a way to fix HK without killing the three HK-50's on Nar Shaddaa, but unfortunately I can't remember exactly how I did it. I think I got the first two (on Peragus and the Telos pole) and installed them. Then I bought the third piece from the Khoonda merchant, but hadn't installed it. Then I went to look through Kodin's store (still without the third piece installed) and instead of the repeat item, it was the HK Chassis, the piece that you pick up from the three HK's that T3 fries in the droid warehouse.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived