Home

The worst injury you've ever had

Master Jimmy

well, i have had a whole load of sprains, mainly ranging from wrists to ankles, mostly from playing football (soccer).

but my serious accidents havent been that serious, i mean compared to some out here.

once when i was 6, i was having a running race with my pals in a tarred parking lot. one guy's leg slipped sideways and he fell down with his leg in my path. just feet away from the finish, though. i tripped and flew the rest of the way. i landed straight on the left side of my forehead and it was horrific. the pain was... anyway, by the time my parents had made it down there, which was around 5-6 mins, that bump had swollen outward like, 1 cm or so. it's gone down after that, but it's still faintly raised on the left side of my forehead.

i won the race, though :D

then there was this time a loose cupboard door made with hard mahogany slammed down on my right foot. i couldnt walk for the next 2 weeks.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far my worst was getting a pulled hip flexor in football last year, had to sit out a week of camp (oh darn :o), but I hurt my thumb pretty bad yesterday during football and it might be sprained, I still have to get it looked at. Unless this is sprained I've never sprained or broken anything.
Ah come on you're a football player, tape it up and get back in the game :p (j/k) this one guy on my team played with a cast on his arm, they wrapped in up in about 300ft of tape, it looked funky to say the least.

Actually, I can remember an injury, but it isn't serious as others posted here. Near the end of my School Year (Year 9) last year, I fell on my thumb and slightly bent it. It was badly bruised and since it was my on my writing hand, it was a pain to write. Other than that, I sometimes get small scratches or bruises.

I fell out a 5th story window a few years ago...shattered a few bones in my spine, had to walk around like C3PO for months hahaha, cause I had to wear this harness for about 3 months and it was still quite stiff afterwards...but it all healed ok in the end, it can still be sore sometimes though, I was lucky to survive that fall...

Ah come on you're a football player, tape it up and get back in the game :p (j/k) this one guy on my team played with a cast on his arm, they wrapped in up in about 300ft of tape, it looked funky to say the least.
Somebody on my team did that last year, he has this huge club on his arm, and he still started on offense and defense.

And looks like my little thumb booboo just got pushed back too far, it's not sprained or anything.

I had a thread like this awhile ago. Mine still remains the same. I had an ingrown toenail for about three months (I never knew it was ingrown!) and I went to a amusement park with my cousin. We went on a water ride in the first like ten minutes, and I walked around for like 7 hours with a soaked foot, which is not a good thing with an ingrown toenail. By the last hour or so, I was seriously limping. Other than that, I've gotten a sprained wrist, almost torn a few muscles in soccer (though still got up and ran, and only later found out that that was probably not a good thing...) and your basic bumps and bruises :)

Somebody on my team did that last year, he has this huge club on his arm, and he still started on offense and defense.

And looks like my little thumb booboo just got pushed back too far, it's not sprained or anything.

Yea the guy on my team was a d-lineman, so I guess he thought it was an advantage having a big club to rip with.

I've had too many finger boo-boos to count, my finger joints aren't staright anymore :(

Mine was about a year and a half ago, my friend brought a frisbee to school and since we were losing the last class (no I didn't skip class, the professor was sick and didn't show up), so we had a 45 minute break. Anyway while we were playing with that thing in the schoolyard, he threw it to me and it went a little too much to the left. I guess it was some king of impulsive thing, because I went after the damn thing and since there were some stairs, about five steps high, leading down to the left to the football field part of the schoolyard, I jumped from the top step, I landed on my feet and caught the damn thing, but then I lost balance and fell down and rolled over. I had a few minor scratches and a big injury on my right elbow that was bleeding pretty bad. Thanks to that little stupidity on my part I now have a small and thankfully almost invisible scar on my right elbow.

Let's see, well I have a list of injuries, some still visible but I guess I'll start from the top:

I was 4 or 5 and I sent my bottom teeth through my lip. I had tripped on one of those concrete thingies that is in a parking lot and hit my jaw on the thing. I had to have stitches.

Much later I was maybe in the 5th grade and I nearly had my nose broken by a frisbee. I missed the catch and it hit the bridge of my nose. I ended up with a nice scratch and two black eyes. Yeah i looked like a racoon.

I dislocated my right pinkie playing two hand touch football with my cousins.

I slammed all my fingers in a door jam at one time or another. One time I smashed my finger on a rock and I lost the nail. Had interesting bruise colors from that.

I have a centimeter scar on my right wrist from playing soccer and underneath that a small burn from spaghetti sauce do to my brother's incompetence at adjusting heat on a stove.

I have a scar burn from when I did a glassblowing project. I burned myself with a pair of tongs that I was using to strip the punti rod of excess glass. Also I've had steam burns on both arms from glassblowing and my days as a sort order cook.

I bruised both kneecaps from wipeouts on a scooter and slipping on ice in Chicago.

And last but not least, I have a scar on my right leg that I got from a rusty bolt at the campsite that I was at while excavating for artifacts.

To top it off I have tendonitis in my right hand and once I ad it so bad I was trumped up on painkillers to dull it.

Yep I tend to be accident prone but given what it was from, you can see I just bounce right back.

well I've had 3 major injurys all of which equally sever IMHO

1. I got hit in ear with a baseball (don't ask) got a consusion and a ruptured eardrum, had to have surgery to replace it or else I would have lost 68% of my hearing

2. Broke my leg litterealy broke the bonen lenght wise down the middle. doc said I was lucky my boots were loose or I could have riped my leg off @_@

3. got a 800+ lb trailer dropped on my shoulder 2 summers ago and it still is effecting me today. doctors can't help >.>

hmm, i've had a couple:

i've sprained my ankle once when i was in first grade from jumping off a swing.

i've gashed my right elbow open with i was in fourth grade when i fell off my bike.

i've sliced my left ring finger to the bone with a really big kitchen knife in a freak accident (don't ask).

then there was the time that i stabbed myself with a fork (as in a really big fork that you use to turn steaks on the grill) in the left hand. fortunately, that one went through the area between the index finger bones and the thumb. the worst part about that one was having to pull the fork out. and again, don't ask as to how that one happened either. i still can't figure it out. :whacked:

and there's probably many others, but those are the ones that stick out in my memory the most.

My three worst injuries:

Tripped as a child and my mother tried to catch me. She was one step too far away, so I hit her knee with my teeth instead.

Our glass shower door fell from its hinges and peppered me with glass shards. I was lucky that my towel reduced the area of my cuts to my legs and arm. Never again showers with glass doors for me. :mad:

This summer, I tripped and managed to break my right elbow when I landed on my hands. I couldn't even type or handle my mouse for weeks. :whacked: The first time in my life I actually broke something.

I've ripped up cruciate ligaments in both my knees in the same childhood accident. I was playing soccer in the Philippines when I went for a tackle. Got the other kid's legs caught up in mine and he landed on my legs in a funny way, which tore the right knee's ligaments. A few other kids accidentally collided and fell on top of us, messing up my other knee. I couldn't walk for a very long while after that. Surgery helped, but some things never set properly and to this day, my knees are still creaky.

I've also had bones in my right wrist shattered from fencing accidents, which lends me the chronic pains I have in it today. My most recent fencing injury is when a friend of mine dislocated my thumb in a sabre bout. I asked for the director to halt the match, snapped it back into place, then resumed fencing. My friend's look of abject horror and disgust was rather funny, even through the thick metal mesh mask. emot-v.gif

• 2 weeks later...
New injury. I was taking some stuff from the oven at work today, and the cloth I was using as a makeshift oven mitt didn't work so well. I've lost the use of my left hand. Typing has become exceedingly difficult.

First degree burns suck.

This is what I do personally for first aid for myself (since I can't give medical advice out, mind you)--I don't put anything on it (butter and other oils hold the heat in), and I use ice if needed to keep swelling down, usually alternating 20 minutes on and off. I never put straight ice on anything--I always put it in a bag and then wrap the bag in a towel.

If you get blisters on it or it looks worse than 1st degree, see a doctor asap. Second degree burns on certain parts of the body like hands are actually considered rather serious because if the skin scars, it really affects mobility.

You guys are all pansy's compared to what happened to me.

I bought 2 of those hip gear controllers for my xbox, they were cheap. They didn't have the In line releases that the standard controllers has. I was sitting on my floor playing xbox, and my sister stepped on the controller, knocking the xbox off the 2 feet tall entertainment unit. The corner nailed my hand. Huge bruise. Freeking hurt.

My xbox survived though.

Archived