Home

new weapon idea

fawlks the phoe

I'll look into it tomorrow...there are quarterstaves in the game that aren't used AFAIK, I'll see what they look like and if they fit what you're looking for. They're probably too long, though.

Have you found anything?????

fawlks the phoe, I realise you are new, but please remember that this is a forum and as such you must be patient. When Princess Artemis has anything relevant to post believe me you will get an answer. ;) -RH

Sorry, I did mean to post something, I just wasn't sure what to say. The quarterstaves are actually in K1 (one of them is, in any case, and the models and baseitem is still in K2 from the looks of it), although I never found one while playing to my knowledge, and they're rather weird--I never thought I'd see a stick with extendable pieces in it. They're longer than double swords as far as I could tell when they're extended. They wouldn't work for a walking stick or a cane, and since they're animated and two handed, cutting one in half wouldn't work.

Since I don't know how to model, I am making absolutely no guarantees that I can make a walking stick for you, just that I'll give it a shot. I suppose modeling a glorified stick would be a good way to get my feet wet, in any event.

Edit: enters thread, crawling, exhausted from effort of making a simple little stick...not my fault I suck and it took me 7 or 8 hours to model a stick...

It's not textured yet, no icons, no stats outside basic short sword stats...a little pointy, but it's a walking stick. I haven't tried getting it into TSL yet, but now that I've figured out how to export the (expletive) thing, I should be able to get it in TSL. I dunno if I can make it less pointy right now, since this is the first model I've ever made.

stick1.jpg

stick2.jpg

crawls out of thread, flops down on floor, not even gonna *think* about skinning this until tomorrow...

Archived