Home

Matrix of the new age

Python sat up from the seat where he had just now jacked out. He shook his head and looked at the captain who was already waiting for his report.

"It's not good in there. The purists are becoming more uncivilized every moment. Pearl gave me the package. Did you get it?"

"Yeah, it's secure and free of bugs. Pretty interesting stuff. For what I've glanced at it, the agents are going to start hunting out the purists so they don't get too much for the stability of the system. I'll have it encrypted in two hours" the operator said and the captain nodded his approval and left for the cockpit. Not soon afterwards the Gard took off.

As the ship left off towards Zion, Python entered the kitchen with a yawn. Some of the crew was there while most were out about the ship. The man walked to fill his cup and then sat down to eat his dinner, which he had missed because of a meeting with the female first mate of the Sandman for some exchange of information between them as the Sandman was on patrol nearer to the surface and they had been assigned as their contacts in the core. As he ate in silence, his mind started to race and ideas for many unreatchable things for him started to form. Even a tune started to form inside his head slowly

Ironside got up from hsi ebd and immidiatly started doing push-ups and crunches. Omce he finished his routine of that, he grabbed into a metal bar and di some chin ups. He wiped the sweat off his head with his shirt then walked into the kitchen and sat down beside python.

"Hey, hows it looking with the purist situation?"

Aedan sat in the pilot's seat, staring into the underground tunnel system.

"Hey!" the (enter co-pilot name) yelled at him. "Pay attention!"

"Oh, ****!" Aedan said as he snapped back into reality and barely avoided a median seperating two forks in a tunnel. "Jesus Christ that was close. Thanks for wakin' me up man." Aedan said, whiping his brow.

"Hey, no problem. Just pay attention." (enter name) said.

"Damn. I haven't gotten any sleep. You take the conn, eh? I need some chow." Aedan said as he surrendered the seat to his co-pilot.

He walked out of the cockpit and took in a big breath of air. Walking towards the Jack-In Room, he entered and immediately turned into the mess hall.

"Hey, Py." Aedan said with a big yawn as he entered. "Wassup?"

"It's getting worse. It seems both the purists and the agents are becoming more violent" Python said and finished off the quite tasteless meal. He sighed and stood up.

"Oh, well... I heard you boys hit an old gas pipe while I was in. I better check out the bottom of the ship for damage" he said and walked off, glancing at the fellow crew members before walking throught the open door. Python made off and started the climb down the many levels of the hovercraft for the bottom of the ship where the pipe had made contact

When Python reached the bottom, he heard a voice.

"No damage here," Lady Luck told him. Her legs were wrapped around a pipe overhead and she hung upside down, her arms dangling lazily toward the floor. Her eyes were closed. "That's the only reason anyone but me comes down here."

Then, she opened her eyes and saw who it was. "Hi, Python. Should've figured it'd be you..." She shook her head and reached up, gripping the pipe with her hands and dislodging her legs. For a moment, she swung there and then, she dropped to her feet in front of him. "Like I said, ship's fine. If this thing had a coat of paint, that'd be the only thing what got scratched."

"Well if it had a coat of paint, the paint would be gone in a week. It seems that the pilots have been quite bad with the piloting recently" he said and looked at her before taking a hold of the ladder again.

"Oh, by the way, I think the captain's trying to set up a briefing as soon as the package is decrypted. Oh, and your boyfriend on the Sandman is still alive" he said, hinting towards the new male gunner onboard their contact ship they had just met in zion before the mission began. It had seemed to the rest of the crews that she and he had something going on the minute they met, so they started calling them a couple as a joke. Python gave a chuckle and left to climb up and once reaching the next level he checked the engine and took the clipboard and noted the current reading and signed it off as checked

"Not much, just woke up, I think I'll head to the cockpit, see if they'll let me pilot it for a while. I don't see why they won't, I ahve the training, yet they don't let me fly...it's wierd." Ironside got up and headed to the cockpit.

"Hey, do you mind if I fly this thing for a bit?" he said to the co-pilot who was the only one in there at the moment.

Archived