Home

Teen accidentally kills mom in driving lesson

MTV2

Teen accidentally kills mom in driving lesson

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14224060/

FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, N.J. - Police say a 15-year-old girl in New Jersey accidentally struck and killed her mother while being taught how to parallel park.

Police said Sunday that there would be no under-age-driving charges for the girl. The accident took place on private property, so there would be no prosecution, police said.

The girl's mother — 39-year-old Tina Rowe — was teaching her how to parallel park at about 3:30 p.m. Saturday when the girl backed the car over her, police said.

wtf? she was underage and her mom was trying to teach her how to parallel park? I thought you learn how back-up and shift before you parallel park and you should know where the gas and brake are and memorize it so this doesnt happen.

I think she wanted to kill her mom :p

... Why didn't the mom even attempt to move from behind a vehicle that was coming dangerously close?

Shame she's dead, but if it wasn't this, it'd probably have been something stupider.

Maybe the girl hit the gas hard and meant the brake, I remember the first time I backed the car out of the driveway I did that, but with no one behind me.

Shame indeed, I can't even imagine what that girl feels like.

Wow. That's unforunate.

Though, I could get my learner's whe I was 13. Though, I haven't bothered taking it yet.

i thought it was 14 in Alberta?

my cousin was telling me all the time that i should go to alberta and get my license...i never really believed him.

I think she wanted to kill her mom :p

Damn, could have gotten a Darwin Award!

Being the budd' of a girl who lost her mom a year ago, I'd be really happy if you could take this a little more seriously.

Yes, I know they aren't real.

I cannot begin to fathom how horribly this will affect that poor girl for the rest of her life.
Tell me about it. Not only losing a parent, but being responsible for her death. Whoo-boy:(.

Archived