Home

First School Days

Diego Varen

A woman who will tell her age will tell anything. ;P My next birthday is going to involve some serious celebration as I celebrate the (censored) anniversary of turning 29.

Well, if you you were in college 11 years ago, I'd wager early/mid 30s.

Ah, the dying 30s. The age where you may still cling to your youth and assure yourself that the mirror is telling the truth when you look in it, but a closer glance will reveal smal wrinkles and a grey hair or two. That age is like a daying sun, which may still burn high and bright, but is fading. Like a glorious empire controlled by a corrupt emperor who squanders its wealth, a great tree that is starting to rot, a painter that is slowly growing blind but assures himself that his previous paintings prove that wrong. You may cling to your youth with all sorts of treatments, creams and dyes, but it's like trying to hold sand within your hands as it slowly slips through, and then trying to use a net to catch it, while the winds carry it far beyond your grasp into the cold and chilling oblivion called death. The early stages of a monumental stagnation it is, the faintest and barest wisps of it, but a harbinger of what is yet to come.

My, I certainly got carried away. But be glad I didn't think you were forty or fifty when I wrote that. :p

I made it about 90 minutes before I had to call Jimbo and tell him the silence was deafening. :D

Childless moments must not be squandered! Each one is precious! :D

Ah, I kid, I kid. That would be inconsistent. :)

@ED-- :lol: that is the best bit of BS I've read in awhile.

@stingerhs--Neverwinter nights, actually, in preparation for NWN2.... :D And a little fanfic chapter revision. We wanted to try out Morrowind before tackling Oblivion, so that's a regular on the computer lately, too. I need a better laptop for some of these games. :D

@ED: you should be banned for this :xp:

Tut tut, you'll never forgive me for tricking you into revealing what you really are, will you? :p

Babies in diapers shouldn't make fun of old people :tsk:

Oh, does it really matter if we do? You'll forget it all the next minute, anyway. :p

On topic: No school for me as well since almost 7 yrs now (apart the occasional update courses) :clap2:

Hm, if you're a lwayer that means four years of college, started at the age of 18 or 19, possibly four or more years of extra school, maybe a few extra years in between, and then seven straight years of no school...

Man, D3, you're old! :p

And to all you little high schoolers, remeber that you can ruin your lives with the slightest mistake, you'll have to keep that up for four years, and you'll have to balance it out with extracirricular activities, community service, and all for the sake of making a piece of paper look nice for a few minutes... :D

Now, now, I'm sure she's just as 29 as I am. She was precocious and started college early.

@S.Dravis:

Whatever you do, do not flush either Sodium or Lithium down the school toilet. The explosion will be very fun, but the clean up's brutal and the plumbing repair bills will bankrupt you. ;)

@S.Dravis:

Whatever you do, do not flush either Sodium or Lithium down the school toilet. The explosion will be very fun, but the clean up's brutal and the plumbing repair bills will bankrupt you. :)

Wow, thanks for the tip! I think we will be using those, actually. Might be fun.. but no.

>.>

Well, I guess academic suspension would suck bad, so I probably won't try it. I will blow up everything they let me though. :D

Only if he gets caught. :smirk2:
Good point. >: D

Hm, if you're a lwayer that means four years of college, started at the age of 18 or 19, possibly four or more years of extra school, maybe a few extra years in between, and then seven straight years of no school...

To make my case even worse, I have a music degree in addition to the law one and another additional year of studies after the law degree... Jae isn't the only one who has achieved the "permanently 29 status" :D

Oh, does it really matter if we do? You'll forget it all the next minute, anyway. :p

One of the good things about being old and forgetting everything the next minute is that we have a new house and a new car every morning when we wake up.

Gah! My first day was on the 6th, and it was prretty terrible. My girlfriend isn't in any of my classes, and none of my least favorite staff members got fired/died! :(

The gum nazi - b***h who is an uncanny gum catcher, chews it herself, and worst of all... she's an ozzie, so I am inclined to view her with contempt anyways.

The Fyfenator - Our new vice principal is from South Africa, and I swear he escaped imprisonment there. He always makes you feel like you're in trouble when you're not, and worst of all, almost in every aspect resembles the terminator.

The witch - Nothing much more to say there, except she is a cynic who jumps to the worst conclusions at the worst possible moment...

On the contrary, my teachers are great, and besides my girlfriend, have a ton more of my friends in my classes. 8th grade is going to be an interesting year...

DQK out

I don't really care to remember my first few days of school. They were crazy. To tell the truth, they weren't too bad though. Basically, it was a regular first day of school, until soccer practice. I thought that it was at a different time, so I was running all over town trying to get from the school to my house to get my stuff, and then to the soccer field.

Soccer wasn't bad, but after all the running from place to place, I was quite tired. Then we added twelve kilometers to that at practice.

yeah right, that's never stopped me before ;)

just stay hidden, dude :D

well, thursday marked the end of my first wekk at school and it sucked. first, our PE periods were ruined by the stupid administrator who organised a teachers meeting at the last possible minute, so the higher classes had to mind the lower ones. i was sent to take rounds in the 1st and 2nd grade section. there was this kid from the 1st who i swear has been watching too many violence movies. he literally pounded at me and half my class when we told him to sit down. the damn kid was whacking us with chairs! i didnt kill him because he was just 6. we called his tacher and he's probably gonna pi$$ outta the school by sunday. good riddance, i say.

yeah right, that's never stopped me before ;)

just stay hidden, dude :D

well, thursday marked the end of my first wekk at school and it sucked. first, our PE periods were ruined by the stupid administrator who organised a teachers meeting at the last possible minute, so the higher classes had to mind the lower ones. i was sent to take rounds in the 1st and 2nd grade section. there was this kid from the 1st who i swear has been watching too many violence movies. he literally pounded at me and half my class when we told him to sit down. the damn kid was whacking us with chairs! i didnt kill him because he was just 6. we called his tacher and he's probably gonna pi$$ outta the school by sunday. good riddance, i say.

Wow. just wow.

Heh, good excuse for you to stay out of trouble. :)

Heh, no. :p I acually went to the mall with her/her best friend on Friday, relieved a lot of stress. Those picture stickers sure can do that! :D

DQK out

Archived