Home

Hitman Movie

abespam

There was already a thread on this and my opinion from that thread still stands: Vin Diesel as Hitman? No. Please, for the love of... anything, no. David Bateson (the voice actor from the game, he looks almost completely like 47), or, as others suggest, Jason Statham would be much better.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm, I didn't think Agent 47 was some kind of Messiah. I thought he was a hitman, and killed for money. :/

"To bring us peace"?. I think the people working on the film might be missing the point of the games.

I wanted Jason Statham to play Hitman 47 instead. Vin Diesel is way to built for the role 47 isn't supposed to be that buff, plus Jason already has the accent in him.

Yeah man I really cant see anyone else playing 47 other than Statham.... Vin Diesel WTF? Hes designed to kill in outer space not in Europe.

kinda of disappointing to me but ill still check out the trailer regardless. Probably wait for this one until DVD

Hey, wanna know who'd be the perfect actor for 47? The guy that voices him in the games, who coincidentaly is who the person the character model of 47 is made from. Even better, the guy isn't just some voice actor - he apparently has some acting experience. Yay Hollywood! You make me sick.

"Some acting experience"

Just because he looks and sounds the part doesn't mean he can act it out accordingly...

...riiiiiiiiiight. Its not like he hasn't been doing the part for...well, I don't have my Hitman discs handy to check the date on the first one, but its been a hell of a lot longer than anyone else who Hollywood is pining over.

And besides, its not like 47 is this insanely animated character. You could get a guy whose been beaten over the head with a bag of hot nickles to play him.

• 4 months later...

The trailer made it look entertaining.

If it wasn't for the fact that I get to go see movies about once every 6 months I'd go see it. I'll probably just end up seeing it through other means.

Also, they ranked Dead Or Alive higher than it? Are you for f***ing serious?

I think Peter Heartlaub summed it up when he said:

Hitman is one of the best movies ever made from a video game, which doesn't provide you with very much information. That's like declaring the best meal you've eaten at a strip club, or the best love ballad by Kenny Loggins.

I actually enjoyed the movie quite a lot. i got a little confused with some of the plot points at first, but there were a bunch of nods and references I noticed from the game.

- a bunch of camera shots were from the back of the head while he was walking, and it literally felt like watching the game

- talking to Diana on the computer and on the phone. her voice was spot on.

- exploding briefcase

- some kids were playing the hitman game while 47 was walking through their room

- use of the fiber wire, although he only used it to knock someone out.

plus there was this one scene which felt so much like the game. he had to meet up with this dude and in order to do that he had to go as this arms dealer that was meeting with him. so 47 scopes the location out a bit first and plants some supplies in the bathroom toilet. then later that night he sees the target in the restaurant and drugs his food so he has to puke in the bathroom. 47 follows the guy to the bathroom, walking all casually and stops and gets frisked at the entrance cause that guy's an important dude. then he goes in the stall next to the guy and picks up his supplies. he sneaks up behind the dude and injects him then takes out the guards. takes the dude's id stuff and just walks out. I thought that was a really good sequence.

the actor was actually pretty good too. the only things i didn't like was that the actor smiled once and the character is supposed to basically be emotionless most of the time, but i guess that would make him seem too wooden the whole time.

Archived