Home

CO for Q4

INFERNOJHC

Nice. Too bad there's never been a completely faithful re-creation

of the map in any other game (besides Mysteries of the Sith).

Either they can't do the traps, or the water, or the architecture is

off.

Fun though! Has any other game map been converted to so many other

FPS games? It seems like some rite of passage now. Once a game gets

Canyon Oasis, it's come into its own. ;)

Question, is that 'nukage' in the center, or can you actually swim around and shoot in the tank? (since my comp wouldn't be able to run this game in a

million years)

There's also a hl2 version, lol. I also made a conversion of CO for JO and JA +water. Actually the q4 map is based on the JO/JA map file, so I didn't have to rebuild the whole thing.

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/8628/files/jk2maps/

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/8628/files/jk2mods/

Never really finished them, that's why I've never released them.

Question, is that 'nukage' in the center, or can you actually swim around and shoot in the tank? (since my comp wouldn't be able to run this game in a

million years)

D3/Q4 has no water physics and swim animations at all. There are two jumppads

and stairs to get out.

To run the game you'll need a 2 GHz machine at least. I could run it with a 64 MB Nvidia gcard.

I have a 2 ghz machine, 128 mb video card (but only 256 mb pc133 sdram). The Doom3 demo ran like 10 fps (even after cranking down the settings)... not that I cared about Doom3, but Quake4 looked interesting. Though from what I've read, it sounds like just a retread of the same territory that Alien Vs. Predator 2 and even the original Unreal gave us for single player (and improvement over the awful bland and repetative SP of Quake2), and the MP is a virtual clone of Quake3, just with improved graphics.

Forgot to mention 1 GB RAM would be good. Also hyperthreading or dual core can provide a performance boost.

I don't care about SP since devs started to screw up the movement for some reason. I already hated that in JO and JA. I prefer the MP movement in SP just like in q, q2, jk for instace. I dunno about AvP and Unreal, but indeed D3/Q4 SP is boring as hell, not only because of the lame movement. The story is q2like the gameplay a pain in the ass.

Q4 multiplayer mode is ok now. Fortunately the movement is Q3like and also features sliding and ramp jumping. With the 1.3 id/raven managed it to improved multiplayer alot. Also they added a load of maps and one new weapon.

Some peeps whine it's too much Q3, others say that it's not enough Q3.

Maybe most are just pissed off cause the game requires more hwpower than they can affort.

Archived