Home

Run for your lives, he's got a t-shirt with guns on it!

Pie™

Clicky

Keen security personnel at Birmingham International Airport ordered a man to turn his t-shirt inside out because it bore a drawing of two crossed guns.

Staffordshire design engineer Dave Osbourne was wearing a Guns N Rollers t-shirt.

Guns N Rollers are a team in "an all-female roller derby league located in Portland Oregon", according to their website. Their logo is a tribute to that of hard rocking, hard drinking, legendarily fractious LA band Guns N Roses.

As he waited to board the flight to Newark, New Jersey, guards told Osbourne the graphic represented a security risk, and could upset other passengers.

rollers.jpg

Okay, so I know it's not a full-blown terror alert, but still... :-|

So we've gone from

*ahhh! his skin color is different than mine! He MUST be a terrorist!*

to

*That man has guns on his shirt, he's going to hijack the plane!!!*

psh, I think it's stupid, but I probably would have turned my shirt inside out too just to not cause trouble.

Damn, I'd hate to live in America... oh wait...

Anyway, that's pretty lame and I'm with IG. I wouldn't even notice it if some guy was walking down the street with that shirt on.

Also, it would make a great MadTV skit if some guy tried to high-jack a airplane with a hand-drawn picture of a pistol and threaten them with that.

who cares about if he have guns on his t-shirt

A cognitive reader would note that obviously, the airport (security) does.

Apparantly many don't take notice of the fear of flight which is very harmful to business, as well as otherwise stressed out people for all the terrorist fear news and putting a 9/11 pic on the frontpage of all papers EVERY year. Like recently, for example. Although the chances are very small, thanks to waves of fear news the fear IS there.

Wearing T-Shirts with guns/bombs/... on it (yes they don't kill people. But it does upset them) is an insult to an org that highly forbids it.

Am I for banning every tshirt in airport resembling violence? Perhaps not. Disagree with those who think the airport has no rights to do it, or claim it's stupid? Yes.

I also think you*'re very cool you have no problems with a tshirt with guns. Me neither.

*generalising

Archived