Home

Run for your lives, he's got a t-shirt with guns on it!

Pie™

A cognitive reader would note that obviously, the airport (security) does.

Disagree with those who think the airport has no rights to do it, or claim it's stupid? Yes.

A reader of the article would note that

Bosses at the airport apologised, admitting guards "over-reacted".

So even the bosses at the airport think the guards were being stupid.

Some smartass should bring a watergun into the airport, considering how bottled fluids are a security threat now.

Given many water guns can be easily filled with acids, I'd think that as a reasonable security threat.

A t-shirt on the other hand, come on. Is the wearer going to offend the pilot into letting him in the cabin? Maybe he'll just offend passengers until the pilot agrees to hand over the controls.

If they consider that a security threat, what next?

Our hands, feet and teeth of course. :p

No seriously! They'll make us chop them all off before we get on the plane so nobody dies from a jujitsu attack...

I can understand why security would be that crazy, but seriously... Who else thinks they're overly paranoid?

DQK out

A reader of the article would note that

A reader of the post would note that I said airport security.

(this is fun!)

he wasn't being literal when he said "who cares".

Then the statement was stupid. As some other people do have fear of flying.

---

Sure a little overreaction. But calling them stupid or morons because you don't think it's offending to you? That's where I see a problem.

I think it IS stupid if ANYONE is offended by a shirt that has a pair of pistols on it. I don't care if they have a fear of flying or not, the last thing anyone who's afraid of flying should be worried about is whether or not anyone is wearing a T-shirt that has an image of a weapon on it.

Now if the shirt had some osbcene material on it (breasts, cursing, nasty stuff), then yeah, I wouldn't argue, it's a matter of respect for other people.

But, in this case, it was a t-shirt with pistols? Come on. That's not really offensive. If the gun was drawn shooting someone in the face and blood spraying everywhere, then yeah maybe. I'm suprised he didn't get pulled aside for a strip search or something. :/

Next time I fly, I should where a t-shirt that has TNT and dynamite sticks on it.

A reader of the post would note that I said airport security.

A causal reader of the article might note that they didn't say what sort of "bosses". It might have been airport management bosses, or it might have been airport SECURITY bosses.

-

See, I probably wouldn't wear this t-shirt when flying

26342-1.jpg

Close up. warning - bad word)

(which i actually bought at a festival about 4 years ago). Though to be honest it probably wouldn't occurr to me to worry about it too much, so i might without thinking.

however, if i owned such a t-shirt, as this:

guns-roses_tshirt_2phat.gif

then it would certainly never occur to me not to wear it on a plane. And if i saw anyone wearing it then i wouldn't even notice it.

Its the outlines of two antique pistols built into a logo for pete's sake.. not any form of religious or political message or even a realistic image of real guns.

A public school teacher was arrested today at Gatwick Airport as he

attempted to board a flight while in possession of a ruler, a

protractor, a set square, a slide rule, and a calculator.

At a morning press conference, Home Secretary John Reid said he

believes the man is a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement.

He did not identify the man, who has been charged by the Met Police

with carrying weapons of maths instruction.

"Al-gebra is a problem for us," Reid said.

"They desire solutions by means and extremes, and sometimes go off on

tangents in a search of absolute values."

"They use secret code names like 'x` and `y` and refer to themselves as

`unknowns, `but we have determined they belong to a common denominator of the axis of medieval with co-ordinates in every country.

As the Greek philanderer Isosceles used to say, "There are 3 sides to

every triangle".

When asked to comment on the arrest, Prime Minister Tony Blair,

speaking from his holiday resort before the planes stopped flying,

said, "If God had wanted us to have better Weapons of Maths

Instruction, He would have given us more fingers and toes."

I'm going to make a prediction here. Eventually to board a plane, you will have to strip down naked, a same sex security guard will then inspect you thoroughly, clip off your fingernails and toenails to prevent scratching hazards and then clothe you in an approved disposible robe for the flight. Your clothes assuming they don't have anything offensive on them like pictures of guns or poisonous plants will be returned to you once the flight is over.

sorta starting to get pissed here. I mean when you mess with basic founding freedoms like freedom of speach (which includes nonverbal expression) it makes you wonder where we'll be in thirty years.

*goes and watches V for Vendetta* GADS!!! teh future is grimz! :D

Archived