Home

Shooting at Montreal College

Arreat

I'm Disgusted on a news article I read some days ago on this. To bad i dont got a clip though but im disgusted what this creator of this game has to say though. Im not durect quoting on him or anything so keep that in mind. But what he is saying is to stop posting hate etc posts on his game website which totally disgusts me. For starters He is a complete moron to even think people are going stop posting these things and a complete moron to even create such a sick game which is based on one of the biggest tragedies before 9/11. what will be next a game based on 9/11. that will doom the video game industry from existence. ok maybe not that far.

It sad that something like this even happens. Of course video games will get the most blame off this of course. Im not surprised from what video games are becoming. well not all of them that is. But video games should not get the biggest blow here at all. I think the parents now and days should get the biggest blame on alot of things that go on around here. Parents are are biggest mentors when we were young and through are teens etc years. Parents have gotta be bigger role models now and days.(teaching kids good values and all that stuff). Should keep kids off drugs etc that sort of thing. Better school grades all that stuff. Parents should be strickter as well. Parents have gone softy now and days. No offence to all the good parents of this world at all. Some parents have to be Better parents! It just we can avoid all of this if we are taught good values all that stuff in are younger years from good loving,caring parents!

MasterRoss, from what I can discern, you're saying you're pissed at the guy who made the Columbine Massacre game. You do realize that this isn't some fps where you run in and shoot up a school, it actually takes a look into their lives and it doesn't glorify it at all, it shows you what they were like, and how tragic the whole thing was.

It all really depends on the person. I, as well as millions of other people, can go out and play GTA, or any violent game for that matter, but we don't randomly go out and shoot up a place. It really doesn't come down to physical age or anything, what matters is the state of mind of the person playing them. And I'm 100 percent sure that playing that game did not make this person go and do this.

Ok I agree with you there Bongobob. I didnt do my homework on the game either but from the name would sound enough that its on the tradgedie on columbine. Im ticked off on the comments he had to say on his game around this tragedie. Sadly video games will get alot of blame with more tragedies that happen since creators are making games more controversial in peoples minds out there.

A thought on people who make games,movies on these tradgedies.

Somethings people should just not make somthings on and I would think tragedies like this should not be put in video games,movies anything that are to entertain people. They should just leave these tragedies alone if they dont want to get into anything controversial. Otherwise JUST PLAY THE SAFE CARD.

Why? Last time I checked we had free will and free speech. I see where you're coming from, but at the same time, we should be able to make games about whatever we want to if we're willing to take the time and effort to do so.

Also, the controversy probably helps gets them from unknown basement hobbyist to mainstream game designer.

Any news on this? Like, has anymore than 1 person died?

Thats true there as well Bongo. The media will continue to blame video games because of all the controversie the media,some senators etc report that there is only video games that are violent and think make these people do these things while not taking into effect that there are others that deserve just as much blame as video games get. (Parents)

Any news on this? Like, has anymore than 1 person died?

No, fortunately. But right there are still 7 hospitalized people, 5 of tehm are out of danger, while 2 of them are still in a critical state. The funeral for bothe the victim ans the shooter were held earlier this week, and the college reopoened it's doors on tuesdays I beleive.

They also talked about the video games here, but the issue that was raised the most was the canadian gun registry, why we should keep it and how we could improve it to avoid another incident like this. The Prime minister wants to abolish it for some reason... :dozey:

But right now what is making waves is an ignorant journalist from the Toronto based Globe and Mail, Jan Wong. In an article published on september 16 where she linked the shooter and two other shooters from previous incidents in 1989 and 1992 to the bill 101, a protective language law to preserve French in Quebec. She implied that there was a relation between the fact that the three shooters were not "pure laine" (meaning of Quebec descent) and their shootings, because they were, according to her, alienated in a Quebec society concerned with "racial purity".

Another prime example of Quebec bashing by someone totally ignorant. Quebec's Premier called the article a disrace in an open letter to the Globe and demanded an appology. Even Canada's Prime Minister Stephen Harper denounced the article and a motion was passed unanimously in the House of commons to request an apology from the newspaper.

Disgusting.

Archived