Home

Hud Discussion

ensiform

Just a thought but seeing as OJP uses quite a bit of bars it may a be an option to do something more like this instead of using the ugly ass jka hud:

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/6340/20060913201908ctf4jt9.jpg

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/6771/20060913201837ctf4bj5.jpg

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1847/20060913200806ctf4fb5.jpg

Far Left is Health (Light Blue for >= 70, Red for < 33, Yellowish for in-between)

Next to that is Armor/Shield (Always Green)

Far Right is Ammo Bar or Saber Type(Non-saber it is always orangish) (Akimbo/Medium/Staff is Yellow, Fast/Tavion is Blue, Strong/Desann is Red) The bar is always full for saber.

To left of ammo bar is force power bar (Always Blue)

You find it, im not downloading it. As i said, it's mostly the pain of the poor job of coding by the oh so wonderful team @ raven :nono:

Also note, this hud will be editable in real-time basically via if you want to edit using console command or use the visual hud editor, or edit the file and reload that file. (The upper right stuff all ready is editable)

Edit: here is the smaller one and it still looks too big to me imo:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/293/shot0006yu9.jpg

You find it, im not downloading it. As i said, it's mostly the pain of the poor job of coding by the oh so wonderful team @ raven :nono:

Also note, this hud will be editable in real-time basically via if you want to edit using console command or use the visual hud editor, or edit the file and reload that file. (The upper right stuff all ready is editable)

Edit: here is the smaller one and it still looks too big to me imo:

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/293/shot0006yu9.jpg

Well to each his own I guess:)

If I listened to everyone that commented about my mods I would still be working on my sabers! :p

Edit: If not clear to everyone; If one listens to everyone's custom ideas and personal preferences one's job is never done. That's why you should go with the flow and just let people get used to it :)

The new hud is fine, I really don't understand all the fuss about it.

Ingame it isn't really "in my face". Though I agree that we should 'cut off' the useless bits of metal like the one that has OJP carved into it.

The emphasis should lie more on the bars themselves and less on the parts around them. I suggest we scrap off the parts of the hud that have nothing on them and use that extra space to enlarge the text indicators.

It is still the fact of using the tics that annoys me among others as well. Just simple text items and something like the bars that i showed above is just perfect because it does not go all out and use extra pictures or icons; only applying a color to a specific area.

Which part? The bottom stuff is all done via code. ( and not completely done yet)

The upper right stuff is all done via code with a parser and dat files.

The whole thing will really be part of the parser when i get it all finalized and reworked a bit, and will even have an in-game visual editor to move things around, toggle colors, scale+size objects, etc.

I don't like the current HUD, the metally one, would prefer something looking more modern. I don't think the current one fits OJP very well.. Something a bit like the MB2 HUD would be pretty cool, the MB2 one is alot like the BaseJKA in shape.

I'm not sure though, might even give it a try myself, just haven't really been bothered lately, on this POS comp.

I don't like the current HUD, the metally one, would prefer something looking more modern. I don't think the current one fits OJP very well.. Something a bit like the MB2 HUD would be pretty cool, the MB2 one is alot like the BaseJKA in shape.

I'm not sure though, might even give it a try myself, just haven't really been bothered lately, on this POS comp.

It's not at all like the BaseJKA one..

Anyway the current hud is fine, I'm going to turn down the opacity in mine so it's a bit more see through. I think that the metally parts would look better in a JK1 style, round and stashed in the corners of the screen, what do you think?

It's not at all like the BaseJKA one..

Anyway the current hud is fine, I'm going to turn down the opacity in mine so it's a bit more see through. I think that the metally parts would look better in a JK1 style, round and stashed in the corners of the screen, what do you think?

How can you say it's fine when me and other people don't think it is? Obviously not everyone likes it.

The MB2 comment was meant to say 'a bit', not 'alot', and yes, it does resemble it, in shape. I said SHAPE. They're both round with the outer part of it off screen. Were the rest on screen, it'd make a complete circle.

jkahudbw9.jpg

mbhudpr7.jpg

Well I guess the search for a new hud is on then :(

I still like this hud though, I really think that all it needs are some adjustments I.E rounding it up and removing excess parts but okay.

I'm more saddened by the fact of how many good modders worked on this in vain it seems now.

@Dizzi:

Sorry but I really don't see the resemblance.

Razor (I think? Or was it hockney/maxstate and I?) and I have talked about this, and we think it would be best if players had the option to select what kind of HUD they wanted ingame. Don't know if Raze will do this anytime soon though

Max: I also feel the same way about the OJP embossed logo. I could remove it. Also, if you guys don't want the metal feel to it, let me know what else could be done and I'll change the theme of it

Does everyone really dislike the current HUD so much? Let me know what specifically needs to be changed to be improved. In the meantime, when my exams are over, I'll work on a minimalist HUD, like the Elegance HUD

UDM, I like the new HUD and I don't think we should waste a lot of time redesigning the hud. I'd focus on doing the new skills menu. I'll actually need that work done, the hud can be redone by someone else who's interested in doing so.

Everyone, we talked about the new hud on the forums before it was implimented and completed. It's VERY frustrating to hear critism after the fact when we allowed the oppurtunity for people to object beforehand!

Archived