Home

CD/DVD Drive Problems

Snafu7

For a while I've been having some issues with my CD/DVD drive, but I've just been ignoring them. Whenever I put in a disk, it will make a wierd high pitched hum once or twice, and sometimes my computer will lock up temporarily. Anyone know if there is a solution to this(without having to buy a new drive)? Thanks.

I'm guessing that unfortunately the drive is bad. But if you have another drive laying around anywhere I would just put it in to see if that is the problem before you go out and buy another one.

Of course, wait for others opinions as they may have an actual solution to it, but I can't think of anything it could be besides a drive gone bad.

yeah, noises = physical/structural problems = bad.

still, open up your pc and check the cable(s) are properly plugged in and not loose etc. Has anyone opened up and tinkered inside your pc recently ??

get a new one, theyre not super expensive for an all in one dvdrw/cdrw combo. whirring means component belts(for the motor most likely) are usually maltracking or sometimes even broken.

$50 (Oz dollars) here if you get an (OEM) out of box one from a pc market store. I recommend the pioneer drives, they are affordable and super reliable.

If you somehow do manage to fix it, let us know what the problem/solution was :)

mtfbwya

Archived