Home

What has this game come to!

neal8929

I have been a big fan of this game for about 2 years now, but I dont play too often nowdays because the community is just horrible. You have to wait your turn to duel someone if you want any action, and if you use a kata your a "noob" suddenly. ( if you dont like kata's mabey just dont play, its part of the game). Than if you happen to piss off an admin, (mostly 12 year olds who think they are gods) you are kicked. People lie and say you lamed them. If you are winning, people close there sabers, run for hp, and say you lamed...

The game now has more laws than real life, and it seems you can do anything without being flamed by someone, for some gay rule they made up.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am saddend to here about these things. I personally dont have the game on the Pc and dont play it online. What happend to just coming on and having a good time. There are still many servers that host this still maybe you should choose a different one to play on. One that doesnt host with all these Dumb rules.

Come to the meatgrinder. If you get called a "Noob" there, it's just a joke. There's no 'honorz' to be found on our server! (the odd person might join spouting that Bs, but they don't typically last long, leaving in frustration after they realize nobody is going to follow their rules or get kicked for not "honoring" them like they are used to).

We rarely kick ANYONE, much less for alleged "laming" (you will get kicked if you deliberately cheat in a team game, but most of that has been eliminated anyway thanks to the exploit fixes in OJP).

See the IP in my sig. ;)

Also, forget the "next JK game"... such a game hasn't been announced, so it may be a long time before such a thing happens. Forget the console games, they have a limited audience, lack precision (since you're forced to use those controllers rather than a keyboard and mouse) and most lack online play anyway (or limited it to one on one, if that).

Jedi Academy on the PC is an impoverished port of the PC game, despite it being an incredible improvement over the incredibly stripped down Jedi Outcast console port.

FPS games on the PC are simply superior. So you may be waiting a long time, and in the meantime missing out a fun (and inexpensive!) game...

Bravoly said Kurgan! I tend to like controllers more though since im just used to them lol. but u cant beat the pc that has more buttons ;) .

besides the next gen game may not even have online capabilities. we dont know though. Otherwise from what we know it gonna be a long time till we even get to play it so enjoy this until then ;) .

I wouldn't get jka, becuase it's a glitchy game that's outdated. I would wait for a next-generation 360 or ps3 game...

That doesn't mean they will bring it to PC.

JA is the best SW game out there right now folks for FFA play and stuff. Yea the JA Base and some JA plus community sucks due to the honor rules. It has destroyed the game of just playing and stuff. But MB2 is really awesome, alot of fighting and stuff. Its worth a try even if its 300+ MB. They dont have none of that honor crap.

Bravoly said Kurgan! I tend to like controllers more though since im just used to them lol. but u cant beat the pc that has more buttons ;) .

besides the next gen game may not even have online capabilities. we dont know though. Otherwise from what we know it gonna be a long time till we even get to play it so enjoy this until then ;) .

Mostly all the new games coming out, have multiplayer. If they made a nex gen starwars game, i think it would most likely have some sort of MP.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to add a bit of controversy (and probably recieve some flame in my general direction) i prefer games that have some structure to it. mainly because the "crowd" i hang out with mainly just talk and mess around. I host games on x live most of the time, and if me we set it to "duel rules". This is probably what you are reffering to by "honorz" Its a ffa server, but you just jump around talking, and if you want to fight someone you taunt them. There are no health pickups allowed during a duel, and you "generally, unless player agreed) start on 100 health and 25 shield, to prevent shield glitching. If force powers are turned on, then its generally acknowledged that you only use them if you and the other player agree to using them. Likewise, saber throw does count as a force power, and is generally frowned upon when used in a force-free fight. Likewise, on x live you will find this type of gametype more than the allout ffa. If someone insists on going against the flow (i.e random attacking, force powers, health pickups) then the host will normally just ask them to stop it. If they don't a sort of lynching party is mutually formed as everyone finds the offender and slaughters them. If they persist they get a nice kick out of the game. literally. Thats how i/we normally play on x live, but it sounds quite different on the pc...

Truely said there Ensiform. That online play on X-box live sounds sad if every1 just does that. What happend to teamdeathmatch, Capture the flag, Assault etc. Going around just doing 1vs1s sounds boring and deffinatley with those rules people have to do. What happend to the good ole 1vs2 2vs2 1vs3 type of battles. what did these honor rules ruin that 2? I say whatever you have on the map and whatever force powers anything u have you should b able to use. To bad if somethings are real cheap and you keep on dieing etc Its part of the game either dont play or live with it.

Agreed there. But it also maybe the people that started all this honor stuff and the people that followed these dumb rules as well. This honor stuff started in Outcast as well. These games were not intented to be played with these dumb rules. They have a basic setup, Weapons on the map,force powers etc all at your own disposal. So making these dumb rules up is all a complete waste of time and ruins 2 great games which couldve been better had all this Honor stuff not started.

What i said was a basic outline. We still play gametypes like CTF and TDM, but thats what the community i play with prefers. There are still plentiful servers where anything goes, but if you know what you are looking ofr you generally get the gametype you want (all out ffa, or more relaxed dueling rules etc) And yes, we do have clan matches, and not just 1v1 battles all the time. On some occasions i have often found myself on the recieving end of a 7v1fight before. Not the most survivable experience, but fun

@ masterross: If the game was "intended" to be played with all force powers and guns "at your disposal" then why are you given the option to turn them off? ;)

Archived