Home

What has this game come to!

neal8929

Come to the meatgrinder. If you get called a "Noob" there, it's just a joke. There's no 'honorz' to be found on our server! (the odd person might join spouting that Bs, but they don't typically last long, leaving in frustration after they realize nobody is going to follow their rules or get kicked for not "honoring" them like they are used to).

We rarely kick ANYONE, much less for alleged "laming" (you will get kicked if you deliberately cheat in a team game, but most of that has been eliminated anyway thanks to the exploit fixes in OJP).

See the IP in my sig. ;)

Also, forget the "next JK game"... such a game hasn't been announced, so it may be a long time before such a thing happens. Forget the console games, they have a limited audience, lack precision (since you're forced to use those controllers rather than a keyboard and mouse) and most lack online play anyway (or limited it to one on one, if that).

Jedi Academy on the PC is an impoverished port of the PC game, despite it being an incredible improvement over the incredibly stripped down Jedi Outcast console port.

FPS games on the PC are simply superior. So you may be waiting a long time, and in the meantime missing out a fun (and inexpensive!) game...

Nice bot server. I hope bots having fun.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
By TheSuperRodian @ masterross: If the game was "intended" to be played with all force powers and guns "at your disposal" then why are you given the option to turn them off?
I was just mainly bashing how these Honor Rules changes and ruins a great game on Mp that is. I even played with those options off on the x box version I had (Not online though) and i got nothing agaisnt people wanting to turn certain options off in there veiw to improve there fun online.

You are given the option to turn them off, but

obviously the default method of intended play

is with everything enabled.

The real reason they made it so you can disable

weapons is so that you can do saber duels.

But the same logic applies to the h0n0rz d00dz...

If you were really intended to just have no force

duels, then why did they put all those other

weapons and powers and modes into the game?

The point is it has variety. If you want to play only

one way, fine, but you're missing out on a rich

gaming experience. And trying to force others to

play this minimalist way is just stupid. It's especially

bad when a large number of servers try to enforce

that through humiliation and mob rule.

What really gets me is how boring the game can get

when you play that way. I realize the high learning curve

of the JK series intimidates a lot of people. They'd rather

"get good" fast with something that's easier to learn.

Yes, NF sabers can be fun, but I actually think playing with all the options

is not only more challenging, but more fun.

People will say they have mastered dueling, and that they can always

predict how a match will end up. But if they're getting bored, why

not step out into the larger world of the game?

We have this problem now with the folks on NarShaddaa.net. You know,

the guys running the JK Dedicated server. For a long time, all they ran

was NF sabers, on the same two dueling friendly maps. Boooring!

And yet, because that's what a certain segment of players played for 3+ years, they

don't want to branch out and learn other stuff (or give it a second chance).

I limited myself in the early days in order to learn certain skills, but then I branched out.

If I didn't, I probably wouldn't even want to play the game anymore, because I'd be bored with such a simplistic setup. No offense intended, just an illustration. ;)

INFERNOJHC

Nice sarcasm. When did you try joining the server? If you didn't play on it, then you have no right to judge us, period. Do you even play these games anymore? Does your clan?

Bravo Said there Kurgan. With all the options on Of course it will get harder buts its fun as well. The challenge to master saber battling and using weapons at the same time. These duelists you talking about probally only mastered against saber battlers only. Try with the force and weapons enabled I say.

Nice sarcasm. When did you try joining the server? If you didn't play on it, then you have no right to judge us, period. Do you even play these games anymore? Does your clan?

I played against your bots like 2 hours+. I checked the server on xfire sometimes later, nothing but bots.

Suggestions. Get rid of the bots, I can play them on my local box. Also drop master, siege and the thing were you have to collect boxes, these mods suck. ffa, tffa and ctf will do.

No, I don't really play them. I just stop by sometimes. There's no community you know.

Which clan you mean? [JHC], BOTH or DSbr?

Bravo Said there Kurgan. With all the options on Of course it will get harder buts its fun as well. The challenge to master saber battling and using weapons at the same time. These duelists you talking about probally only mastered against saber battlers only. Try with the force and weapons enabled I say.

I find it a cheap tactic where you are duelling someone and they throw in a cheap force push, say on Rift sanctuary. Hello big hole. goodbye, fairplay.

I find it a cheap tactic where you are duelling someone and they throw in a cheap force push, say on Rift sanctuary. Hello big hole. goodbye, fairplay.

Goodbye fairplay? You both have force. Pay attention to where you duel and stop whining. If I am playing on ffa3 i won't expect to be kicked or gripped or thrown into lava like ffa5 because thats not the environment. If you're in a ff duel and in that kind of environment expect it.

As far as honor goes, to me it's all about the individuals that are on your server. My clan is an old clan from since JK2 and we enforce the laming or "honor" rules as you call it and noone has a problem. Same for a lot of other servers I go to. We all fight and we all have a good time but it's organized. To me the honor system isn't bad, I appreciate that as soon as I join a server and hit join game I won't be gk to death by some overeager @$$ before I can even say hello. Now I'm accustomed to playing other games like Quake, UT, MOH etc. where I wouldn't dream of it but the type of game JA is I don't mind it. Now look, for anyone who uses JA+ you know there are 2 dimensions & almost everyone simply uses 1 dimesnion for all out ffa and the other for duels only. What's wrong with that? It covers both parties.

As I said it's all about the individuals you play with. When I go to my clan server we don't stand around like its a chat room. We duel, A LOT. So it all depends.

Of Course theres no problem on your own server and its great that people just dont sit around and chatand instead play. I pretty much think its up to the indevigual. Some people just want every1 to play there way or no way at all. Just come on and play in my oppinion. Honor rules are ok i guess in duel games but no honor rules is fine to. theres nothing wrong with no Honor rules in my oppinion. You should be able to use what you want when you want etc. Like on weekends me and some friends play Mots. We dont got any rules etc we use anything we want and we have a good time. But we just come on to have a good time which we do. None of us take things to personally etc. I think the problem with honor rules is some of the people if you ask me. Some people act like real jerks which ruins the game regardless of which rules you follow. Some people take the game to seriously. Its just a game not a life or death situation. Just come to play and have a good time!

I played against your bots like 2 hours+. I checked the server on xfire sometimes later, nothing but bots.

Okay, when did you go on the server (time, date)? Obviously this is the school year, so your major players are going to be too busy to play except on the weekends (except the youngsters who don't have work to do). Typically Friday/Sat are the best times to play. Though I don't know precisely where you are located geographically.

Are you saying there's no audience for non-honorz, non-modz gameplay anymore? 'Cause that's what we play, and I figured unless there are some big popular dedicated servers that offer that, there's no reason why we should be empty, unless people are really tired of the game.

Suggestions. Get rid of the bots, I can play them on my local box. Also drop master, siege and the thing were you have to collect boxes, these mods suck. ffa, tffa and ctf will do.

I know where you are coming from with the bots. I found out last year that ASE can be setup so that it actually FILTERS OUT servers that have even one bot on them (even if it has 30 human players in addition to that one bot), which is unfortunate (not to mention stupid!). If I removed the bots, that would bring those people here. Of course without bots, typically Siege can't move along, because people want there to be at least four people before they will consider joining, which means either an arranged match, or four people joining at the same time by sheer luck (how long does the average person wait for others to join? 30 seconds? 5 mins?).

We're not a clan server.

As for gametypes, next to CTF, Siege is our most popular gametype. Although Jedi Master was at first hated, it had a small but dedicated following for awhile. However our elite JM players also drove people away since they got owned so hard, and since those people are now too busy to play this time of year, that perhaps makes it not a challenge, and so maybe then people don't play (the bots aren't very good at JM). Holocron however I don't see why you'd complain about. It's just a mod of DM, just like in Jedi Outcast.

I realize in JO people didn't play anything but DM and CTF, but still. These mods were actually more popular on our server than I ever remember them being in JO! Go figure.

As for DM, typically the server doesn't stay full long, but empties out quickly whenever we host DM. I presume it's because people have their favorite map, and you can't beat them too hard or they get pissed and leave. So it's hard to manage that.

TeamDM, seems very unpopular, and always has been. Since the team balancer was introduced, it has become slightly more popular, but people hated it in CTF, because it would reset their score and switch them sometimes repeatedly (though I'm fairly sure that's been fixed for awhile now).

CTF is always a struggle. We have two factions... those who want MORE MORE MORE CTF and those who want LESS LESS LESS. So on the one hand you have people that want high capture limits/time limits, and others who want shorter time limits/fewer captures, to get it over with soon. You have people that only want some of the maps run, etc. I tend to prefer we do a cycle of a gametype, then a cycle of another, etc. Otherwise you are just getting into it and then it changes entirely. But you have to keep people from getting bored. Though sometimes and even with me, I could play Siege all night, even if it's just 3 or 4 maps! ;)

No, I don't really play them. I just stop by sometimes. There's no community you know.

No community, but 500 players online in the middle of the week?

Which clan you mean? [JHC], BOTH or DSbr?

Any. You're in DSbr? Well that explains a lot. ;)

My point remains. If you want to play JA with out the honorz BS and without admin abuse, play Meatgrinder. If you have a better suggestion JHC, besides "give up, the game is dead" then please, share the other Server IP's. Let the guy choose which one he likes best after giving them each a fair shake. ;)

Obviously, if he knew we existed, he wouldn't have posted here decrying the lack of non-h0n0rz/abuse servers playing basic JA.

You're welcome to Meatgrinder anytime. But obviously if you play during non-busy hours, I won't be surprised if you meet nothing but bots, unless you bring a friend.

Okay, when did you go on the server (time, date)? Obviously this is the school year, so your major players are going to be too busy to play except on the weekends (except the youngsters who don't have work to do). Typically Friday/Sat are the best times to play. Though I don't know precisely where you are located geographically.

I'm in Europe. Nevertheless it's irrelevant when I played, as I said I checked the server several times later.

Also friday, saturday. Guess what, nothing but bots. What are you talking about school year and major players? Lol.

What that got to do with the population on this server? RPG servers are populated 24/7.

Are you saying there's no audience for non-honorz, non-modz gameplay anymore? 'Cause that's what we play, and I figured unless there are some big popular dedicated servers that offer that, there's no reason why we should be empty, unless people are really tired of the game.

Whatever ...

I know where you are coming from with the bots. I found out last year that ASE can be setup so that it actually FILTERS OUT servers that have even one bot on them (even if it has 30 human players in addition to that one bot), which is unfortunate (not to mention stupid!). If I removed the bots, that would bring those people here. Of course without bots, typically Siege can't move along, because people want there to be at least four people before they will consider joining, which means either an arranged match, or four people joining at the same time by sheer luck (how long does the average person wait for others to join? 30 seconds? 5 mins?).

Blablahblah, I don't care about ASE and stuff. You are using 8 bots with custom names, gayass botchat is enabled and some sort of lag shown on the scoretab, how stupid is this? When I was playing there even some ppl joined, but soon disconneted cuz they realized they are in Kurgan's bothell.

We're not a clan server.

So is United Coruscant (a jo server) and it's still populated.

As for gametypes, next to CTF, Siege is our most popular gametype. Although Jedi Master was at first hated, it had a small but dedicated following for awhile. However our elite JM players also drove people away since they got owned so hard, and since those people are now too busy to play this time of year, that perhaps makes it not a challenge, and so maybe then people don't play (the bots aren't very good at JM). Holocron however I don't see why you'd complain about. It's just a mod of DM, just like in Jedi Outcast.

Ya, I see, siege is YOUR most popular .... JM and Holocron are **** mods, they did not succeed in JO/JA. Maybe they did for you and your little gang but not for the majority. If you fail to see I can't help you.

I realize in JO people didn't play anything but DM and CTF, but still. These mods were actually more popular on our server than I ever remember them being in JO! Go figure.

As for DM, typically the server doesn't stay full long, but empties out quickly whenever we host DM. I presume it's because people have their favorite map, and you can't beat them too hard or they get pissed and leave. So it's hard to manage that.

TeamDM, seems very unpopular, and always has been. Since the team balancer was introduced, it has become slightly more popular, but people hated it in CTF, because it would reset their score and switch them sometimes repeatedly (though I'm fairly sure that's been fixed for awhile now).

CTF is always a struggle. We have two factions... those who want MORE MORE MORE CTF and those who want LESS LESS LESS. So on the one hand you have people that want high capture limits/time limits, and others who want shorter time limits/fewer captures, to get it over with soon. You have people that only want some of the maps run, etc. I tend to prefer we do a cycle of a gametype, then a cycle of another, etc. Otherwise you are just getting into it and then it changes entirely. But you have to keep people from getting bored. Though sometimes and even with me, I could play Siege all night, even if it's just 3 or 4 maps! ;)

Ya, whatever, blahblah.

No community, but 500 players online in the middle of the week?

I'm not talking about the RPG community.

Any. You're in DSbr? Well that explains a lot. ;)

Some DSbr prob. still do. Explains what?

My point remains. If you want to play JA with out the honorz BS and without admin abuse, play Meatgrinder. If you have a better suggestion JHC, besides "give up, the game is dead" then please, share the other Server IP's. Let the guy choose which one he likes best after giving them each a fair shake. ;)

Obviously, if he knew we existed, he wouldn't have posted here decrying the lack of non-h0n0rz/abuse servers playing basic JA.

There you go a again blahblah... I didn't say. "give up, the game is dead". I said that game sucks ballz. But yes the game is dead for the competitive community.

Ya right, it's good to know that bots don't know any h0n0rz r00lz.

You're welcome to Meatgrinder anytime. But obviously if you play during non-busy hours, I won't be surprised if you meet nothing but bots, unless you bring a friend.

No, thanks, had enough.

Yeah, this is all why I left JKA. Sad but true. All the good servers are filled with bots. I used to mod the game, but quit because of the crappy community. Everything I liked about these games died. Last time I tried to play (a looong time ago) there were like 3 no rule servers. I would join, hack up some bots, and quit due to boredom. Then you see some other server with 20 players following some HONORZ bullcrap. Too bad. The game had real potential right from the start, but got quickly ruined.

Anyways, if you have a PS2, and a Broadband connection, an online game I'd recommend is Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistence. While JKA does only cost $10 right now, and MGS is $30, MGS offers by far a better community. Sadly theres no mods, but the servers are highly customisable anyways. Only problem is a lot stupid glitches, but what game doesn't have those.

By shukrallah Yeah, this is all why I left JKA. Sad but true. All the good servers are filled with bots. I used to mod the game, but quit because of the crappy community. Everything I liked about these games died. Last time I tried to play (a looong time ago) there were like 3 no rule servers. I would join, hack up some bots, and quit due to boredom. Then you see some other server with 20 players following some HONORZ bullcrap. Too bad. The game had real potential right from the start, but got quickly ruined.

Anyways, if you have a PS2, and a Broadband connection, an online game I'd recommend is Metal Gear Solid 3 subsistence. While JKA does only cost $10 right now, and MGS is $30, MGS offers by far a better community. Sadly theres no mods, but the servers are highly customisable anyways. Only problem is a lot stupid glitches, but what game doesn't have those.

That does sound sad there dude. Thats what usually happens to an old game. People stop playing it and thus you can only play at certain times. Maybe you played at a bad time when some people are busy doing other things or it couldve just been the day you were on. But I think these honor rules are not so bad its just the people you ran into. These people that are rude to other gamers and typicaly react to people they havnt played with (aka thinking you are a noob). It does help to have friends or people you can contact to organize a game when they can play as well etc.

I agree there Herbie this bowing before you battle stuff is so stupid. This is not how the jedi did it in the movies and etcetcetc on the issue. And any prisoners they took they wouldnt kill they would try to change them from there evil ways etcetcetc.Only honor that these jedi showed the sith is they wouldnt kill an unarmed opponent. These jedi were fighting for there lives and to protect the republic. If these jedi decided to bow to the sith before matches more than likely that would give the sith time to go chop there heads off.

• 4 weeks later...

Glad I stopped playing JA+ a while ago, I thought it was fun but Movie Battles 2 was just to addicting.

I did like how in JA+ there was no chat-killing etc. Now in MBII I'm in a clan where we RPG and have our own Jedi Order and models and ranking system along with Sith in our clan etc.

We have honor rules kind of but there not like JA+, mostly things like no chat killing unless someone does it during a duel to gain BP, no swearing because it ruins the experience, and no interfering with duels if we have our server open to the public (usually it's locked for obvious reasons).

And also things like occasional RPG if requested by the masters and no double teaming which often happens in MBII, it's nice but it's nothing and never going to be anything like what JA+ is becoming.

Try MBII, the fun is strong with it (bad joke). If your wondering what my clan is, it's Defenders of Peace. My name is Rendu, my current rank is Jedi Guardian

Our site is http://www.bdefendersofpeace.runboard.com

yeah meatgrinder seems to have been really deserted lately. occassionally i drop in if i see other people there.

in the meantime i've moved to a ja+ server with full weapons and 140 force regen. get called lamer from time to time but there also seem to be enough open-minded people there who will defend my right to play a gun and force based game instead of a duel based game.

Good to here Zee. Well with the holidays being around people

may have been busy which can always lower the amount of people

playing on any server. I cant see why people are calling you that

even though the server says full weapons and full force if im

correct. As I have stated before why dont people just keep there

mouths shut and just play to have fun. (ok not a direct qoute but still ;) )

Why dont people play different variations to mix up there experiance

of the game. playing with weapons is also fun instead of just sabers all

the time. getting doubleteamed I have no problem with. Even tripled etc.

I think all out war is more fun than just 1vs1 all the time if you get my drift.

Action is always intense etc.

Archived