Home

Where do you live?

Fealiks

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There appears to be alot of unhealthy british people in the MI forums at the moment... how un usual ¬¬

Seriously, we're turning into America's 52nd state. Or 53rd or whatever. Schools have proms now and everything! With balloons! Ballooooons!!!

I think you're thinking of a ball, which some upper schools and colleges tend to have at the end of the year. And what has eating chips, pizza and chinese got to do with America? The concept of being unhealthy isn't an American invention, you loon. :¬:

I think you're thinking of a ball, which some upper schools and colleges tend to have at the end of the year.

No, I'm thinking of a PROM. Most schools have started to have a prom at the end of year 11. A PROM!

And what has eating chips, pizza and chinese got to do with America? The concept of being unhealthy isn't an American invention, you loon. :¬:

What? of course it is!

Oh no, I still pay the extra 5p and get the 25p cans of Pepsi (if I feel like consuming caffiene that week... I tend to alternate which really begs the question of why I decided to quit caffeine in the first place if I'm going to give in to weaknesses and drink pepsi).

And I still buy good quality food, but then I don't like it when people class good quality food as 3 pieces of chicken that cost £6.50, when much cheaper food can still give me the same food. I'm not about to do my food shopping at Harrods (if they ever sold food) just so I can get the best, when i can get enough from places like Netto and Aldi.

I remember when Irn Bru was only 19p. Now there's proof that the cheapest things can be the best. To be hontest, though, there is some reason behind the fact that some chicken costs much more. That being, obviously, that the cheap stuff is pumped full of antibiotics, giving you a bit of an immunity to them. Oh, and it has chicken crap in it's pores.

Lidl, man, Lidl.

Have you noticed that Asda's own-brand lemonade and coke is cheaper per litre than its bottled water?

18p for a two-litre bottle of Asda Cola, man. 18p!

In other news, where is Nuneaton again? Oh oh! I've forgotten! Why is that? It must be because I've mastered the art of getting trains that don't stop there! Congrats Nuneaton, you join Stafford and Coventry in the long list of "places I don't have to see more than a fleeting glimpse of any more".

...So lucky

When you're on the train and you pass Nuneaton, besides from vomit, there's something else you should do. Duck. chavs throw bricks, eggs and perhaps ducks* at trains. I hate life. *cust self*...*hits wall*

*Some time last year, a group of proper solard boshin' chavs decided to stick a screwdriver through a Duck's head. Then play football with it. They took the screwdriver out of it's head and left it there to die. The sad thing is, as if that wasn't sad enough, was that the Duck lived on for a few days... poor bastard.

The reason the Germans came to England is because they realised we are a lazy people, and our low work ethics could be supplanted by high wages and a puritanical approach to selling food. Aldi has some nice stuff, to be honest.

Tesco and Sainsburys aren't exactly bad, with the former doing some excellent breads and the latter having a superb selection of pizzas. Do you even go shopping anyway?

Very true about Tesco's. Wouldn't know about Sainsbury's, I've shopped there years ago, but as it turns out, no matter where I move to, there doesn't seem to be one within walking distance of my apartment (whereas my local 24 hour super Tesco's is a stones throw away). I tend to go to either Tesco's or Netto for my shopping needs, Netto if I just need something basic, fast and cheap, Tesco's for quality and a wider selection (and, on occasion, hot food).

I thought Tesco's had a better selection of bread too, until I compared Tesco's Tiger Bread to ASDA's Tiger Bread...

Tesco's:

Good points: It's Tigery "pattern" makes for a good sandwhich, and while it is difficut to cut to size with a normal knife, it does toast well.

Bad points: It tastes like sugar.

ASDA:

Good points: You can smell its tongue tingling aroma from literally metres away, even when cold. And damn is it nice. Also, the good points for Tesco's bread apply here too.

Bad points: It costs... well, ok, it tastes really... it has.... OK, it doesn't really have any bad points.

Edit:

It has just occured to me that people everywhere, including me, seem to day "Tesco's" rather than "Tesco", which is it's proper name, which I just realised (or remembered) thanks to an advert on TV. Heh.

I like the pizzas ASDA make for you. They'll literally do anything you ask and it still works out cheap. You're there like "No, not cheddar this time - Mexican cheese! I want someone to find me some jalapeños. And instead of plain old chicken, let's go for the one which has been marinaded in spices. Yeah, that's the stuff."

ASDA is the cheapest, which I like. Sainsbury's is the most expensive, but it's also the most 'high class*' (even if it doesn't always taste the best) and Tesco is just a wannabe cross between them both. Morrison's is underrated.

* - Marks and Spencer doesn't count.

Archived