Home

KOTOR3 soundtrack request

Kurzon

I think the soundtracks for both KOTOR1 and 2 were very good and more or less in the same spirit of the Star Wars scores, and the fact they actually hired someone do an original score instead of sample John Williams' movie scores like every other Star Wars game out there is a big bonus. The one thing the score was missing, however, were the familiar tunes from the movie. If from time to time we could hear the main Star Wars theme or the Jedi March theme, it would be perfect. They should do this for the KOTOR3 score.

John Williams' music isn't used much due to copyright reasons, because Lucasarts don't own it exclusively - it's co-owned with Williams, which means he has to okay its use every time and even be paid for it. So you'll hear the Star Wars theme every time, because they know they need that in any event, but I wouldn't hold my breath for anything beyond that.

Yes, I agree that's a shame....

Then again, Obi-Wan's theme can be briefly heard as the Ebon Hawk flies to the dock at the jedi enclave in KotOR1.

Actually i want Jeremy Soule to do the music again for Kotor 3. His Kotor 1 music was inspiring it really was. I thought the John Williams elements were used greatly which pushed the game along and actually made the game on the same level as star wars but distanced enough from the OT so that we knew it was 4000 years before this time. Fantastic music. Also, after the music he has done for Oblivion recently, he really has perfected his styling so he really would win hands down for me.

Another i loved was Joel McNeely's soundtrack for Shadows of the Empire. Although it sounds rather jilty at first, it's one of those that grew and grew on me so i bought it on CD and listen to it so much. It really does expand on the original film music. Love it, plus it's slightly more abstract than the original music. His Obi-wan/Jedi theme is excellent too somewhere in the 5th, 6th or 7th tracks.

Although I'm well aware of the FACT that Kotor 3 is NEVER going to HAPPEN, I would have wanted them to rehire Jeremy Soule for the music if they are developing it, which they're NOT, as he is second only to John Williams. And no, I'm not a pessimist, I've simply accepted the TRUTH.

Although I'm well aware of the fact that Kotor 3 is never going to happen, I would have wanted them to rehire Jeremy Soule for the music if they are developing it, which they're not, as he is second only to John Williams. And no, I'm not a pessimist, I've simply accepted the truth.

i dont know alkonium i think k3 is being made and will be released to coincide with the live action and 3d starwars shows that will be aired in 2008 so believe me when i say paitence is a virtue and a handy one at that.

^^^Ah a voice of the faithful. May the KOTOR gods bless you. :D

Still if we are talking about the music, I liked the selection tracks from both KOTOR games. Of course if/when KOTOR III comes out, they will use the traditional opener. That's like a trademark of the Star Wars universe. For the third installment, I would suspect that they would use the old track but with different elements or maybe a blending of things. Makes for a nice wrap up.

Both KoTOR games had great and most importantly original music and it would be a shame if KoTOR 3 doesn't follow in their footsteps in that regard as well. I've heard the Imperial March too many times in the original trilogy and the Jedi Outcast/Jedi Academy games and Duel of the Fates (which is a lot better than the Imperial March, IMO) just doesn't work for me if it isn't in background of a battle scene between Darth Maul and the two Jedi.

^^^Ah a voice of the faithful. May the KOTOR gods bless you. :D

Still if we are talking about the music, I liked the selection tracks from both KOTOR games. Of course if/when KOTOR III comes out, they will use the traditional opener. That's like a trademark of the Star Wars universe. For the third installment, I would suspect that they would use the old track but with different elements or maybe a blending of things. Makes for a nice wrap up.

thank you! the faith, nothing to it and idea nice herbiez but personally i prefer the enclave theme to be the track assosicated with k3.

Although I'm well aware of the FACT that Kotor 3 is NEVER going to HAPPEN, I would have wanted them to rehire Jeremy Soule for the music if they are developing it, which they're NOT, as he is second only to John Williams.

What about Howard Shore? :D

@ Topic:

I also prefer original tracks. Almost all of them are good and some are even fantastic (like Kotor Darkside ending music)

I have to say, my fave soundtrack is the background music for 650DAN.

Also, I'm very picky about changing music from the originals, for fear of taking away the "feel" of the game. But there was no hesitation in changing the final battle music with "Battle of Heroes" from ROTS.

I was going to make a thread just like this! Hmm... :p

It is a shame that the original themes have mere cameos in the KotORs. I always thought the Force theme played twice in K1 was bogus. All I'd want is more songs from the movies incorporated except duel of the fates. I am so sick of hearing that score, every time I hear it I'm afraid I'm gonna explode. :firemad:

Better go get my shuteye.

DQK out

It would be good if Kotor had a signiture theme for each game like each film in the prequel trilogy has. For example: -

Episode 1: Duel of the Fates

Episode 2: Across the Stars

Episode 3: Battle of the Heroes

KotOR: Bastila's Theme

KotOR II: TSL: Kriea's Theme

Just suggestions ;)

While I liked KotOR's theme...TSL's just had something special that KotOR's lacked.

I'd quite like to see the guy who did TSL's music to return and do KotOR III's.

@Alkonium - Rule of Acquisition #12: Anything worth selling is worth selling twice ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The thing is, each soundtrack was surrounded by the story. In KOTOR 2, as someone said, the music was very mysterious, shadowy, etc...while KOTOR1 was more of a h..well dont really know what is was lol. What I do know is that both soundtracks were a bit different but great. Duel of Fates is a great song, but it can only be used for those epic battles in the right scene, right time, etc..and i dont think it could work in a game, even in a scene in a game.

The one thing Im hoping for soundtrack wise, is that they have some type of exciting music, still keep the old mysterious/shadow stuff but add more exciting songs. But take away the repetative ones, the battle songs in kotor I and kotor II arent that great in my opinion.

One song I always liked from KOTOR II, though its more of a part of the song, I think its titles Jedi or something. They play it in the last movie and at the jedi temple when u meet the jedi masters. Its sort of a sad song, but it basically represents the emptiness of few jedi, loss of great people, etc.. in KOTOR II.

• 2 weeks later...

The KOTOR 2 Soundtrack had lots of potential, but it seems some punk bastardized it by chopping it up into little pieces, looping some parts, and compressed it down to radio quality...have you listned to the "Final Battle"? Appart from the first 3 secs, it has no "epic" feel to it. If you listen to it closley enough you will realise its a mish mash of other tracks from other areas.

I "think" KOTOR 1's music was composed seperetly for each area, so in the end it sounded more polished and each area had a distinct theme.

I agree, however. I got the feeling that with Kotor 1, the peopel told Jeremy soule that they wanted a different themed music on the planets that stands out more. For Kotor 2, the music strength appears to be with the characters. With themes being mroe promanant from character to character. The only thing that stood out to me was the theme on Nar Shaddaa, i lvoe that slow dreamy music. Great stuff that bit.

Archived