Home

remaining bugs in 1.06

DmitryKo

1. On some forest planets where human buildings have a square inner yard, human units get spawned inside it so they are never able to come out and stand still, awaiting destruction.

2. If you start a ground battle by sending Colonel Viers' AT-AT to the surface, the initial reading says 0/3 etc. and you get an extra slot for free. If you call him in a successing wave, he does occupy a slot.

3. If you put an in infantry unit close enough to a MPTL (or a turret construction pod), and engage firing mode (start building a turret or a station), the unit might get stuck and will not move or fire until you disengage firing mode (or sell the turret or station).

4. If you are not quick enough at conquering pirate-controllet space, pirates build a huge fleet of 12 or more pirate frigates and fighter wings which line up somewhere near the pirate base and don't move at all, though they do fire at nearby ships and fighters. Only after you destroy this huge fleet, pirate reinforcements start to hyperspace in and they do fight as usual.

• 2 weeks later...

9. You can't leave the network game if the ping is low (often happens after some several syncronisation errors in a row)

10. You can't change keyboard layout within the game which makes multilanguage communication impossible (ask Halo developers how they do that :) )

11. Any time I try to connect to a network game, a Windows Firewall window pop-ups in the background telling me I have some port to enable, even though all the necessary ports (13139, 6500 and 1234) and applications (Petroglyph) are already listed as open in the Exceptions (I guess these are temporary ones because they vanish after I quit EAW).

I have to say there is an insane bug which has only happened once but an enemy Acclimator ship fired a huge long stream of proton torpedos. It literally was en endless line of torpedos and he used the bug to wipe out my level 5 station extremely quickly. The best way to describe it is like them drone weapons from Stargate Atlantis. Had to blow his launcher up but in the end he took out a level 5 station and 3 calamari cruisers on his own!

I have to say there is an insane bug which has only happened once but an enemy Acclimator ship fired a huge long stream of proton torpedos. It literally was en endless line of torpedos and he used the bug to wipe out my level 5 station extremely quickly. The best way to describe it is like them drone weapons from Stargate Atlantis. Had to blow his launcher up but in the end he took out a level 5 station and 3 calamari cruisers on his own!

I and a few other people have expierenced the same bug, I am not sure what causes it, but I do know it does occur.

WOOT go the little Acclamator! What a champ! You would be picking your jaw off the ground after seeing that!

an enemy Acclimator ship fired a huge long stream of proton torpedos. It literally was en endless line of torpedos
BUT it's probably just a graphics glitch, I've seen this a couple of times and the torpedoes don't really cause any damage.

13. If you give an order to a vehicle that is exiting from hyperspace, certain commands do not execute (for ex., IPVs do redirect power to lasers as instructed, while Maradeur Cruisers never fire a salvo even though the icon does appear; no ships ever follow the orders to move to a point etc.) You have to repeat the order after a vehicle comes to a complete stop.

14. If you try to connect to a game server that is currently testing or opening the connections, you will be informed that you were kicked out although it's not the case.

15. Sometimes after a connection failure the screen goes all black or the initial screen with TIE cockpit appears, along with a mouse cursor. The only way back is to restart the game.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

17. Campaign: if you captured an Imperial planet with a Rebel raid, then tried to capture the space above but were forced to retreat, moving a ground hero unit to the orbit while the retreating forced have not reached nearby plant instantly kills all your troops on the ground and the planet gets captured by a squad of stormtroopers.

18. Campaign: moving Rebel hero units off the ground to the left side fleet slot just after the ground battle can make them disappear (the small star is present but the slot gets filled with gray and a hero's icon is no longer listed in the top right corner).

Archived