Home

Compiling JKA SDK

JaedenRuiner

Hrm..

Okay, so I have the sdk for JKA (mp) and set up a specific folder to do a version of it for my mod, and clicked compile, and whoa a bunch of errors occurred. I have read elsewhere that people keep saying use Visual C++ 6.0, which I can do If ABSOLUTELY necessary. I'd rather not, since I already have Visual Studio 2005 installed, which seems to somewhat be the source of the issue.

Is there any way to work the SDK to compile under 2005, or must I revert to 6.0 to make it work?

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Yea,

I've read that thread, and did "most" of the stuff there, and still came up with probelms that it wouldn't compile. One suggestion is to start from the OJP source, which I would be more than willing to do, but the problem there is the source isn't just an "easy" download. to get ojp you have to jump through 10000 hoops to log into their cvs and everything, and even when I went to freerepository I couldn't just "grab" the source. It was broken down in the web base to individual folders and directories and everything. rather complicated for me to start working on my own individual mod.

*pout*

Oh well,

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and install VC6.0

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

LOL its easy:

https://freepository.com/index.html < log in here

enter openjediproject

when you see the folders in the menu on top click on a blue icon with and down arrow

thats to download the source tarball, it creates a file for you to download everything.

Have fun.

that isn't exactly the proper way to do it, because you cannot run update whenever somebody updates it; you have to go and download those tarballs each time and doesnt have all the proper cvs data and is quite time consuming if you dont just get tortoisecvs and just use that.

Archived