Home

Modifying MP...

JaedenRuiner

Okay,

I've done a lot of scripting and stuff for JKA SP, and I managed to do some really cool stuff. But when I tried some of my modifications with the mp game they didn't work. So I need to look into where to change things. I can do the menus and other minor scripting tasks. But I'm looking to find where certain things are.

In MP to configure your player you have so many force points to spend, (based upon Jedi Knight/Jedi Master level etc). Where is that number stored? Is that part of the actual code, or is somewhere in the scripting, (ie menu, or Cvar).

Thanks

Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

ps - this is the actual number of points to spend, not the 'Jedi *' skill level.

Okay,

Now i'm stumped. in bg_misc.c there is an array defined:

int forceMasteryPoints[NUM_FORCE_MASTERY_LEVELS] =
{
0,		// FORCE_MASTERY_UNINITIATED,
10,		// FORCE_MASTERY_INITIATE,
30,		// FORCE_MASTERY_PADAWAN,
40,		// FORCE_MASTERY_JEDI,
56,		// FORCE_MASTERY_JEDI_ADEPT,
70,		// FORCE_MASTERY_JEDI_GUARDIAN,
96,		// FORCE_MASTERY_JEDI_KNIGHT,
156		// FORCE_MASTERY_JEDI_MASTER,
};

as you may see i've changed the values of the different levels. All three dlls, ui, cgame, and game all access this array to determine forcepoints. Well, I saved the file, and compiled game, cgame, and ui. Hopefully to see that my work actually works. It doesn't. When i load my mod in mp, the Jedi Master force points are still 100. why is this?

Thanks

Are you sure you're running your modified .dlls? It's pretty easy to get them confused. :)

I'm pretty sure I am. I mean, My directory structure is like this:

JkA\GameData\Base

JKA\GameData\MyMod

JKA\GameData\MyMod\src

JKA\GameData\MyMod\src\Release

The dll.s are compiled into the release directory and then I copy them out to the MyMod directory, then i do a simple

jkmp.exe +set fs_game Mymod

*shrug*

So the DLLs have to be compiled into a pk3 as well as being in the mod directory.

Because I have a pk3 in the directory with other info pertaining to the mod, you know, menus, and scripts, etc. I should just add the dlls into the pk3 that's aready there, or does it need to be specific like Doom3 engine with the game00.pk4 files?

Thanks

Archived