Home

Global.jrl Merger (v0.3b)

stoffe

EDIT(2006-09-19): Updated to version v0.3b which hopefully fixes a problem related to merging KotOR1 JRL files. Thanks to tk102 for pointing this out.

I've put together a small utility that saves some time while combining the global.jrl files of different mods that use this file but don't come with a mod installer.

It will currently take two global.jrl (Quest Journal) files and merge together any changes to existing Category fields in them, along with any new Category fields that have been added in either file. It will not handle any fields having been deleted from the standard global.jrl file, but I can't see any reason why anyone would want to do that. :)

It will also check the resulting merged file and warn you if multiple Categories have the same tag (which could happen if both mods use similar tags for new journal entries).

You can get it here if you want it. Be warned that this is a test/beta version for now, it worked fine with a number of different modded global.jrl files I tested it with, but there may still be problems I haven't been able to spot yet. If you run into any problems using it please let me know so I can attempt to fix them.

It will need an unaltered copy of global.jrl in addition to the two modded files that should be merged, to be used to compare against. This file can be extracted from the dialogs.bif file with KotorTool.

• 1 month later...

Very good utility, STOFFE!

You makes the best programmes for KOTORs!

(tring to imagine what a marvelous tool will we all have if You will make something like Kotor Tool...).

I may say one thing: programs from You - are always impatiently wanted by us!

More programs You make - easier modding comes.

Can't wait for Your next program...

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay, I am total noob. How i can extract "global.jrl" from " _newbif.bif"?

Edit: Forget that one, now when I am trying to merge files i get this:

"Invalid file version. Loaded file is not in GFF v3.2 format!"

What does that supposed to mean?

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...

EDIT(2006-09-19): Updated to version v0.3b which hopefully fixes a problem related to merging KotOR1 JRL files. Thanks to tk102 for pointing this out.

I've put together a small utility that saves some time while combining the global.jrl files of different mods that use this file but don't come with a mod installer.

It will currently take two global.jrl (Quest Journal) files and merge together any changes to existing Category fields in them, along with any new Category fields that have been added in either file. It will not handle any fields having been deleted from the standard global.jrl file, but I can't see any reason why anyone would want to do that. :)

It will also check the resulting merged file and warn you if multiple Categories have the same tag (which could happen if both mods use similar tags for new journal entries).

You can get it here if you want it. Be warned that this is a test/beta version for now, it worked fine with a number of different modded global.jrl files I tested it with, but there may still be problems I haven't been able to spot yet. If you run into any problems using it please let me know so I can attempt to fix them.

It will need an unaltered copy of global.jrl in addition to the two modded files that should be merged, to be used to compare against. This file can be extracted from the dialogs.bif file with KotorTool.

Is there another place to download JRLMerger as starwarsknights.com has been down for a while :( thank you.. or if someone has the tool could they send it to me :) thx

Archived