Home

Yo! How many of the old homies we still got here!

Elijah

Yoda?!.?  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Yoda?!.?

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will I get shot or hit with a stick for rezzing a thread this old? Hmmph. I hope not.

Anyway.

Hi again. (I didn't realise until now that...you never really leave. Dang.)

I remember you. I believe I made you an avatar once upon a time.

Well, here I am. 8 years ago I joined these forums, and they were the closest thing to a home I had on the net for years. Then I had kids, my job took on more duties (heh, I said "duty") and I slowly drifted away. Everyonce in a while I would throw a post up to remind you guys I hadn't completely forgot about you, but really it was to remind myself this place still exist and still has some of the greatest people on the net making it THE place to hang out and talk star wars, video games, and curent events. I wish I could say the reminder would be enough to overcome the workload and responsibilities of everyday life and I would continue to post in a semi-regular fashion, but alas, I could not be the forumite I once was.

But, nonetheless, I post once again. Maybe I can make the time to be semi-regular on the boards once more... pfft, who am I kidding? I can't find the time to get enough fiber in my diet to be semi-regular period! But I'll say this, there no place I'd rather be wanting to be, but not actually, posting in while the dreggs of everyday life beat me up and sap me of my strength and resolve.

I miss you guys!

Till the next time... (which incidentally, its been over a year ago since I posted the last one of these, so who knows when it will be!)

Yeah, well. I'm about to rectify that! I've spent an hour rereading the old posts of yesteryear, and I've realized I've needed Lucasforums. More importantly, I've needed the comraderie. I have decided to stick around and really make an effort to be a regular submitter and poster here once more. To make new friends with many of you who are new since I left or were from other forums (for example, I really was never a big Swamp poster. So many Swampers, though active during the same time I was around, were really never aware of me, and I them.), and maybe if I'm lucky, there are still some oldbies who rememebr me who are still around and would have me back.

I even posted a blog about it, right here on lucasforums (which is a new feature since I've been gone BTW!) as sort of a love letter to Lucasforums about 8 years in the making. I've missed this place, and you know what? I'm not gonna miss anymore... Cause I'm back!

*looks around nervously*

... ... ...

*hears nothing but crickets*

Well, I'm back nonetheless! ;)

We need a Swamp revival!

Ask and ye shall receive!!! I'm the answer! I'm your revival! I'm a lot of things, come to think of it. I'm often unknowingly egotistical and self-centered and an unabashed front-row-and-center attention whore, but what am I saying? Those have nothing to do with what's going on right now. Where was I?

Oh yeah... I will single handedly revive this swamp, just you watch!!!!! :p

Break into LEC and force them to greenlight another Jedi Knight sequel :)

That idea certainly has merit, hmmmm.....

*Thinking it over in his head...*

1. 1st offense, no priors so, if caught, short sentence...

2. Worked for a security firm for 3years, so I have a working knowledge of security systems and protocol...

3. I need a vacation from work....

4. I'm really jonesing for a Jedi Knight game...

This could work! :p

Well, here I am. 8 years ago I joined these forums, and they were the closest thing to a home I had on the net for years. Then I had kids, my job took on more duties (heh, I said "duty") and I slowly drifted away. Everyonce in a while I would throw a post up to remind you guys I hadn't completely forgot about you, but really it was to remind myself this place still exist and still has some of the greatest people on the net making it THE place to hang out and talk star wars, video games, and curent events. I wish I could say the reminder would be enough to overcome the workload and responsibilities of everyday life and I would continue to post in a semi-regular fashion, but alas, I could not be the forumite I once was.

But, nonetheless, I post once again. Maybe I can make the time to be semi-regular on the boards once more... pfft, who am I kidding? I can't find the time to get enough fiber in my diet to be semi-regular period! But I'll say this, there no place I'd rather be wanting to be, but not actually, posting in while the dreggs of everyday life beat me up and sap me of my strength and resolve.

I miss you guys!

Till the next time... (which incidentally, its been over a year ago since I posted the last one of these, so who knows when it will be!)

I remember you! :o

I miss you guys!

I remember you! Solely because of your avatar, but nonetheless..

PS, this is my first drunk post on Lucasforums, which I have been a member of since I was 12. Thats kind of messed up. I don't think I've been a member of any forum longer than I have here.

But yes, Lucasforums... good times indeed. More people need to come back.

Is this referring to the Asian in Ocean's 11?

Or did I just make a big "Captain Obvious" remark?

Well I wasn't thinking specifically of the Oceans 11 remake, but I did have the same conclusion. Though niner does seem to eat a lot of awful foods, he's still probably smaller than me :p

I remember you! Solely because of your avatar, but nonetheless..

PS, this is my first drunk post on Lucasforums, which I have been a member of since I was 12. Thats kind of messed up. I don't think I've been a member of any forum longer than I have here.

But yes, Lucasforums... good times indeed. More people need to come back.

That's a pretty tame drunk post. There's nothing Dath-esque about it at all.

Archived