Home

Silly Young Things

HerbieZ

After coming across a rather interesting dusty book cleaning my room yesterday, i was inspired to compose a thread. I want to know what silly, stupid and just plain pointless things people did as a child or when they were younger. For example: - In this book, titled 1981 (I think it's a big unused diary [and no, i was born in 1987]) i found several random scrawlings on the page by me. Oh and try ignore the sketchyness of the text from this point on, im reading straight from the book so putting it down in a rough list.

Several references to a game called Intruder Alert that i scribbled on several pages. I also wrote the words

All because
. God knows..
Panic on Functron
was i think possibly a story i thought about writing but i got as far as the title and gave up.

Some extremely vague references to something called Guyver which appears to be a mask with horns. A picture of a starship hitting a building with the words

Ooops a daisy!
on it.
puby cat oscAR
was meant to mean Puddy tat Oscar (my cat). Also on the page is a crude drawing of a lemon.

Another page has a well drawn(5-10 yr old) bridge for the "USS FARRAGUT" to which i had written

Your canna change the laws of pysics, laws of pysics laws of pies
under it. Don't ask.

Another page has the lyrics to an animaniacs theme tune. Also a really cool picture of my starship (presumably the Farragut) which looks like a galaxy class with a nebula class science-pod ontop. (Star trek fans rejoice).

My drawing of a robo-suit and two aliens. That speed indicator from the Titanic that you pull the lever to Slow/fast/really fast etc. Oooh and this bit of text...

Sir three enemy ships firing at us. Return fire set 4 torpedos at the enging fire suuuuuuuumeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee kabooooooooom. Sir damage of decks 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and 11. Fire everything we've got now.... at the second ship. Sir the helmsman is dead, second ship destroyed sir, helmsman get us out of here friday 25
Which really made me laugh because the helmsman dies then the captain issues an order to him to get outta here. As for the friday 25 thing... god knows.

Another page

After 30 years what more could possibly be said
I can only assume i was drunk when i was younger.. Best bit was the next page
Star Trek TNG was replaced with Quantum Leap on Sky One on Saturday 1st of June and it ended with all good things about trying to save humanity.

I think i remember that, i was gutted Star Trek TNG ended so i wrote about it in the attempt that someone would find this book and think about starting Star Trek up in the future again.

Last but not least, is the worst. About the playground character i had called Data Benjamin Mulgrew. (Bet you can't guess where i got that from...) I wrote this as a captains log so brace yourself.

I first went to science ahoy in 12bc. I went in science ahoy academy and trained for till 100ad thats when i met arnie. He was training to be a captain as well. I got my first ship which was a tiddy little shuttlecraft!!! which blew up good!!!! and i never saw arnie again. I did see hisshuttlecraft so i cared for it. I was a ahoy cadet then moved onto engineering where i blew up an engine coil and the ship exploded well cats have 9 lives so why can't i. That was when i became counsellor and things became good and i became captain of my own ship the enterprise. I had a new generation ahead. Computer ahoy was mine and on Tuesday May 1996 AD i changed it to starship ahoy.

A date says 16.10.96 So it shows i was 9. Anyone got anything they did weirder than that???

Lol bite the soap. I was really fascinated about that book though, i wrote it ten years ago and when i opened it, it all came flooding back. Never felt oubt like that, twas ace. Another thing i did when i was younger, was destroy my mums make-up. She had these little powder beads and i used to crush them to buggery.

this list that circulated around myspace for a while comes to mind...

You know you're a 90's kid when...

You’ve ever ended a sentence with the word “PSYCHE!”

You can sing the rap to “The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air”

You’ve worn skorts and felt stylish

You yearned to be part of the Baby-Sitters club

You use to love playing with your MY Little Pet Shop

You know that “WOAH” comes from Joey from “Blossom” and that “How Rude!” comes from Stephanie from “Full House”

You remember when it was actually worth getting up early on a Saturday to watch cartoons.

You wore a ponytail on the side of your head and had fluffed bangs

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

You wanted to change your name to “JEM” in kindergarten

You remember reading “Goosebumps”

You know the profound meaning of “Wax on, wax off”

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

You took plastic cartoon lunch boxes to school.

You remember the craze then the banning of slap bracelets and slam books.

You still get the urge to say “NOT” after (almost) every sentence…Not…

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together.

You remember “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”

You remember going to the skating rink before there were inline skates

You wore socks over leggings scrunched down

You remember boom boxes vs. cd players

You knew what it meant to say “Care Bear Stare”

You remember Alf, the little brown alien from Melmac and Vicki the Robot from “MY Little Wonder”

You remember New Kids on The Block when they were cool

You knew all the characters names and their life stories on “Saved By The Bell”

You played and or collected “Pogs”

You used to pretend to be a MIGHTY MORPHIN Power Ranger and you owned a Skip It

You had at least one GigaPet or Nano and brought it everywhere

You watched the original Care Bears, My Little Pony, and Ninja Turtles

All your school supplies were “Lisa Frank” brand.(pencils.notebooks.binders.etc.)

You used to wear those stick on earings, not only on your ears, but at the corners of your eyes.

You remember a time before the WB.

You’ve gotten creeped out by “Are You Afraid of the Dark?”

You thought it would be so cool to be Alex Mack.

You know the Macarena by heart.. LOL

“Talk to the hand” …enough said

You thought Brain woud finally take over the world

You can sing the rap to “The Fresh Prince Of Bel Air”

Oh hell yes.

You got super excited when it was Oregon Trail day in computer class at school.

I always got malaria or some such **** and died in like Ohio.

You have pondered why Smurfette was the only female smurf.

Gargamel created Smurfette.

You knew that Kimberly, the pink ranger, and Tommy, the green Ranger were meant to be together.

TOMMY BECAME THE WHITE RANGER JUST BEFORE THE FIRST POWER RANGERS MOVIE

You thought Brain woud finally take over the world

Oh the naive wishes of a childish mind...

Silly young things....

I was in love with Johnny Gage (the paramedic on Emergency!) when I was _really_ young.

I was mad about some Watergate thing interrupting The Six Million Dollar Man (who I thought was way cool).

I wanted to be Jaime Sommers

I saw MASH before it was in syndication

I wanted to be one of the Ingalls girls on Little House.

Also wanted to be Magnum PI's girlfriend.

I saw the REAL Battlestar Galactica, not the recent version (though I really like Edward James Olmos)

I wrote a fanfic for Battle of the Planets (love that cartoon!! Got my kids hooked on the DVDs, too. :D ), and an 'instruction manual' on How to Have A Pillow Fight

I was seriously in love with the Hardy Boys, especially Shaun Cassidy. I think I had something like 32 pictures of him (mostly cut out of Tiger Beat) taped to my wall.

I kept a diary for awhile, but have absolutely no idea where it is anymore.

I laughed at Mork and Mindy and Bosum Buddies.

I thought Murdock was the best on the A-Team

After seeing Return of the Jedi on release day, I informed one of my friends rather breathlessly, "Luke has a _green_ lightsaber!" (Her comment--"Oh really? I didn't know you'd gotten close enough to learn something like that....")

Loved Miami Vice

Tried to ignore Valley Girl talk because it's so totally gross, but, like, it's impossible.

Air Supply is a music group, not a scuba term.

Thought living in Miami could be cool, especially if cops like Crockett and Tubbs were zipping around town.

Saw David Hasselhoff in both Knight Rider _and_ Baywatch.

People kept Pet Rocks and played with Rubik's cubes

I was old enough to despise the Smurfs (Dante should create a special circle in his Inferno just for them), think the Cabbage Patch Doll craze was just nuts, and made up the Anti-Care Bears (War Bear, P*ssed Bear, Hate Bear, Slut Bear, Ask Me If I Give a Care Bear, the possibilities are endless....)

Had some leg warmers and Vanderbilt jeans

Watched all 7 seasons of Star Trek TNG and all 3 OT SW movies--in the original releases....

Played D&D with friends around a table with real dice

Used a TRS-80 in computer class--and that was considered cutting edge. :)

This looks like a good Thread.

Tekken series: King made me think he was a lepoard and Yoshimitsu made me think he was a Jedi/Sith.

I was more active back when I was young, even though I'm fourteen currently.

Disney Films used to be all I watched.

I used to wear pants and not boxers.

I used to have a cartoonish lunchbox.

Those were the days...

Herbie, scan those pictures as soon as possible, I have to see them!

Nice list there D-Moe. I can't believe some of them apply to me...

Don't have a scanner but i took a few pics with my phone.

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic/12497upS4n/952789.jpg

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=12497upS4n&i=952790

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=12497upS4n&i=952791

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=12497upS4n&i=952792

and for laughs. This last one is a pic i took at alton towers not long ago, the river rapids seized up so i was stood on a bridge lording it over my minions in over inflated tyres in the baking sun i might add.

http://www.pix8.net/pro/pic.php?u=12497upS4n&i=952793

BWAHAHAHA. I used to write stories since the 1st grade. Yeah! I was coming home from school one day when I got this weird and absolutely random idea to start writing stories. I flipped out a notebook and started exploring my creativity. If any of you here think I'm creative now, I was atleast 5-10 times more creative then. The best part of the stories is their weirdness, since they were mostly inspired off things I had experienced and read back then.

I'll post a few stories tomorrow (complete with all the spelling and grammar mistakes)!

I once dumped a whole box of Rice Crispies on te floor and stepped on them to make them "talk." My mom said I was so proud when I said, "Oh Mommy I made them talk!"

Another was when I cut my hair, it was long then, and made a perfect v shape in the back. It took awhile for it to grow back but my mom was spastic because I went and did it.

Archived