Home

Mon Calamari Frigate

Crezzer Fett

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't know--all we know is that the Rebels get a new "Mon Calamari frigate."

But based on the usual Star Wars nomenclature, I expect something about the size of the Nebulon-B or Assault Frigate...only Mon Calamari-ified. It's probably a Neb-B sized ship that's got more specialized weapons or abilities.

My guess is it will be the MC-40 even if they don't call it that. You should get the rest from the name.

It is called the MC-30. One of the most powerful mid level ships in the game. It is a very very cool design. Torpid and I are very pleased with how this ship turned out.

"Mid level"... that sounds like Tech 3. With both Assault Frigates and the MC 30 that means the Rebels will have a slight advantage in space for a while, at least until Tech 4 when the Empire (presumably) gets the Executor. Sounds like it'll be important to hit the Empire's Research Facility around this time.

I wonder how many passes/number of B-wings required to take out one hardpoint on the SSD. I just have this image in my head of umpteen B-wings swarming the Executor like gnats around a water buffalo.

I would imagine that the Executor will be quite difficult to take out with capital ships because of it's powerful shields so small fighters like B-wings and Y-wings are it's only weakness. Beating the Executor will require strategy, maybe attack with B-wings and Y-wings while using Mk II assault frigates and Nebulon B frigates to protect them from tartans. I'm sure everyone who buys this expansion will develope their own strategy for destroying the Executor.

I would imagine that the Executor will be quite difficult to take out with capital ships because of it's powerful shields so small fighters like B-wings and Y-wings are it's only weakness. Beating the Executor will require strategy, maybe attack with B-wings and Y-wings while using Mk II assault frigates and Nebulon B frigates to protect them from tartans. I'm sure everyone who buys this expansion will develope their own strategy for destroying the Executor.

Don't forget the MC-30 in order to protect the fighters. That is after all the point of the topic! I hope that the MC-30, or another rebel frigate if the others are tweaked, is more effective at taking out tartans than in regular EaW - those guys stick around forever.

In terms of balance, same goes for the Empire - I hope corvettes in general are less capable of rapidly shredding fighter squadrons and taking fire from larger capital ships. More the case for the tartans though, TIEs are meant to be paper tigers. :giggle1:

Don't forget the MC-30 in order to protect the fighters. That is after all the point of the topic! I hope that the MC-30, or another rebel frigate if the others are tweaked, is more effective at taking out tartans than in regular EaW - those guys stick around forever.

In terms of balance, same goes for the Empire - I hope corvettes in general are less capable of rapidly shredding fighter squadrons and taking fire from larger capital ships. More the case for the tartans though, TIEs are meant to be paper tigers. :giggle1:

Lol.

And my strat for destroying the Executor will be...... *watches Return of the Jedi* ah-ha! send my mon cals to lower the shields and send an A-wing into the bridge before they raise their shields again lol

Archived