Home

Mon Calamari Frigate

Crezzer Fett

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it's the long thin ship that looks like a silverfish :) And contrary to most of the frigates in the game, it is not purposed to be a corvette killer - it is fast and highly effective against large ships...

Oh, ok. That seems like a fairly unique (and cool) ship, I wonder what its weaknesses are? Fast, powerful, good against capital ships, but a frigate. Bombers?

Also, since it's a Mon Cal it'll have pretty good shielding (I would imagine). Sounds like yet another unit that adds a bit more depth to EaW.

How many hardpoints does the MC 30 have? I'll just take a wild guess and assume it will have 1 engine, 2 turbolasers and 2 ion cannons. I'm probably wrong though.

That's a pretty sensible loadout for a cap ship killer, but you might add to that list a torpedo tube. I'm also curious about its special ability...if it's not boost shields, it might be something fun like sensor jamming or some directed weapon against large ships, and probably has an associated hardpoint.

Since it's a capital ship destroyer maybe it will have "boost weapon power." Think about it, a powerful Mon Cal ship with rapid firing turbolasers would be quite formidable, even for the Executor (assuming of course that there are 2 or 3 of them engaging the Executor).

How many hardpoints does the MC 30 have? I'll just take a wild guess and assume it will have 1 engine, 2 turbolasers and 2 ion cannons. I'm probably wrong though.

Or what if the load out contained all proton torpedoes, 2 Turbo lasers and a Cluster Bomb special ability. In addition, what if it was equipped with one of the most powerful Mon Cal shielding systems in the fleet.

I'm just saying... :sbdance

Or what if the load out contained all proton torpedoes, 2 Turbo lasers and a Cluster Bomb special ability. In addition, what if it was equipped with one of the most powerful Mon Cal shielding systems in the fleet.

I'm just saying... :sbdance

I don't know what's cooler, the fact that this ship sounds so cool or the fact that you used the StrongBad emoticon!

Will it have shield generator hard-points, or a redundant system like Slave I?

:sbdance :sbdance :sbdance

Also, since it's a Mon Cal it'll have pretty good shielding (I would imagine).

*rolls eyes* Mon Cal shielding isnt that great, the Empire has much more advanced and powerful shields. The Mon Calamari however, equip most of their ships with tons of redundant wiring and generators, so their shield generators dont give out as fast, allowing them to recharge their shields after they've been taken out, even if they've taken quite a bit of damage to their shield generator.

Oh, ok. That seems like a fairly unique (and cool) ship, I wonder what its weaknesses are? Fast, powerful, good against capital ships, but a frigate. Bombers?

Also, since it's a Mon Cal it'll have pretty good shielding (I would imagine). Sounds like yet another unit that adds a bit more depth to EaW.

It has really powerful shields, but its armor is paper. Anything that can cut through shields can put it down pretty quickly. Larger ships that concentrate fire enough to get the shields down can destroy them easily, but they will take a pounding while they do it.

For the Empire, long range craft like the Broadside would be the best bet, followed by anything that can shoot torps at a distance. For the Consortium, Mass drivers like the Vengeance are the best bet, but you better have some crusaders with the point defense system running since Vengeance are highly succeptable to torps (most Consortium units work best in combinations).

thats all well and good, but top me its just not the rebels, i no im prob going to get flammed for this but any way, i just dont think its right for them to have a (in my opinion) super ship

I don't think the MC 30 counts as a "super ship" by any meaning of the word. It is designed to take out lage mammoth ships, which reveals it's weakness. Tie Defenders and Bombers will easliy cripple the MC 30 by using proton torpedoes on the MC 30's torpedo hardpoints. Then the larger cruisers can move in closer to finish off the damaged cruiser without sustaining damage.

In Empire at War the Empire can send out 6 or 7 Victory cruisers with free fighters and bombers while the rebels are burdened with their fighters taking up the all important pop cap. Since the rebels have to bring in additional fighters manually the rebel player can only bring in 3 or 4 large cruisers while the rest of the pop cap is taken up by Y-wings and corvettes. Now Petroglyph has corrected this error by giving the rebel players a fighting chance in space with a new frigate that is designed to cripple large vessels and now offers an alternative to Y-wings and B-wings. I say good job Petroglyph for improving an already great game. :thmbup1:

Sweet--looks like it's in keeping with the idea that the Mon Cals converted a lot of their famed civilian starliners into warships. Where'd you dig that shot up from?

Torpid and Delphi, I have to ask--all of a sudden, you've been volunteering all sorts of new information after a relatively long silence. In the past week or so, just about every question or speculation posted on these forums has recieved an answer. Sounds like you guys are obviously excited about the expansion. Why the sudden release from silence? :)

Sweet--looks like it's in keeping with the idea that the Mon Cals converted a lot of their famed civilian starliners into warships. Where'd you dig that shot up from?

Torpid and Delphi, I have to ask--all of a sudden, you've been volunteering all sorts of new information after a relatively long silence. In the past week or so, just about every question or speculation posted on these forums has recieved an answer. Sounds like you guys are obviously excited about the expansion. Why the sudden release from silence? :)

I've a thread with more pics its called new pics this is there to.

Actually, I'm just really bored :) We've gotten to the point in the project where we're waiting around for gold master candidate validation. So it's basically sit around and play the game until a bug gets surfaced, fix it, then go back to waiting around. Might as well spend it answering your questions :D

But yes, we are excited about the game too - it's a LOT of content for an expansion, and I think most will find that you get your money's worth and then some.

Archived