Home

What's your favorite Lightsaber Stance?

CSI

What's your Favorite Lightsaber Stance?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Lightsaber Stance?

• Form I: Shii-Cho
    • Form II: Makashi
    • Form III: Sorensu
    • Form IV: Ataru
    • Form V: Shien
    • Form VI: Niman
    • Form VII: Juyo
    • Trakata
    • Form Zero

Just like my sig, there about 7 stances you can learn in KOTOR 2.

What's yours?

My favorite is not on the list: Niman/Jar'Kai, as I think wielding two sabers are cool.

But on the list: I prefer Sorensu. The most defensive stance, just like the Jedi teaching: Jedi is not soldier. They're a guardian of peace.

and Shii-Cho, for their massive damage is good.

If you like the form that is not mentioned on the poll, feel free to write them in your reply. Thanks.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah, Sorensu. At first, he tried Ataru, just like his master, Qui-Gon. But after witnessed his death, Obi-wan decided to master his Sorensu Form.

Aye, that one. I read the novelization of Ep III, where I got some info on the different forms. His seemed pretty well-rounded. Though I also like the one Davin mentioned, the "assassination" form that Mace created, or whatever. Or is it the warrior form? I'm not really sure, I just remember that it's very aggressive.

OK, short info:

Shii-Cho Master: Kit Fisto

Makashi Master: Count Dooku

Sorensu: Obi-Wan Kenobi

Ataru: Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Darth Maul

Niman: Many Jedi died on Battle of Geonosis.

Jar'Kai: In order to master it, you have to master Niman first. Not many users known, but known users are Ashjj, Revan (In KOTOR 2)

Shien: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader

Juyo: Palpatine, Darth Sidious, Darth Maul (Partial), Mace Windu and his Apprentice (Vaapad, a higher form of Juyo)

Form V, Anakin/Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker's style.

During an era when Jedi were called upon to more actively maintain the peace in the galaxy, Form V arose alongside Form IV to address a need for greater power among the Jedi. Jedi Masters who felt that Form III could be too passive developed Form V. A Form III master might be undefeatable, but neither could he necessarily overcome his enemy. Form V focuses on strength and lightsaber attack moves. This Form exploits the ability of the lightsaber to block a blaster bolt and turns this defensive move into an offensive attack by deflecting the bolt deliberately towards an opponent. A dedication to the power and strength necessary to defeat an enemy characterizes the philosophy of Form V, which some Jedi describe by the maxim "peace through superior firepower." To some Jedi Knights, Form V represents a worthy discipline prepared for any threat; to others Form V seems to foster an inappropriate focus on dominating others.

Form V, Anakin/Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker's style.

Nice info...Thanks.

Ataru is really fancy with all those acrobatic moves, that's why I like it. You have to really use the force to assist you to do it as well. Another weakness is that it tires you out fast so the user has to make sure he kills his enemies quickly.

This is one factor. But another factor is because of its acrobatic moves, this will leave a lot of openings to multiple-opponents. That's why Ataru is not recommended for multi-opponent game.

I'm not an expert on the styles, but Ataru, Obi-Wan's style. Also john, try not to double post.

Ataru is not Obi-Wan's style. His is Sorensu. Well, Obi-wan learnt it, but not when he witnessed his master's death.

Thanks. I'll re-Edit my thread.

I'm sorry, but as there is an identical thread in the Telos Tourist Bureau, we do not allow duplicate threads...

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=153000

I have to close this one. Please continue the conversation there.

Edit: Actually, on second thought, I will close the other one in TTB and will re-open this one. As this forum is actually more appropriate for this question, IMO anyway. :D

Definitely Makashi for me, Soresu a close second.

Why? Dooku managed to hold off Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda in Lightsaber duels, without breaking a sweat. I really like the classical vision of the Jedi as a Knight first and foremost, and this form displays elegance and is also deadly against other Jedi/Sith. Plus you can always back it up with some Force Lightning if things get tricky!

Lightsaber duels rock......

Archived