Home

What's your favorite Lightsaber Stance?

CSI

What's your Favorite Lightsaber Stance?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What's your Favorite Lightsaber Stance?

• Form I: Shii-Cho
    • Form II: Makashi
    • Form III: Sorensu
    • Form IV: Ataru
    • Form V: Shien
    • Form VI: Niman
    • Form VII: Juyo
    • Trakata
    • Form Zero

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with Jae - the one that stops me being cut into small pieces.

Overall, I'd go with Form VIII: Sokan.

@ED: Does Dun Moch count as a sabre form?

@john: Just a nitpick, but there's no "n" in "Soresu" ;)

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, Darth, eh...InSidious? Strange Name.

It's more of an addition to most forms of lightsaber combat, but is limited by alignment. I guess it's as much a form as Force pull. :)

You know, you like, eh, jeering at opponents? Then I should learn that Force Power: Force Shut-Up. (Just Kidding.)

I'm with Jae - the one that stops me being cut into small pieces.

Overall, I'd go with Form VIII: Sokan.

@ED: Does Dun Moch count as a sabre form?

@john: Just a nitpick, but there's no "n" in "Soresu" ;)

Oh, another thought: I thought Palpy is using Juyo, not Soresu?

It's more of an addition to most forms of lightsaber combat, but is limited by alignment. I guess it's as much a form as Force pull. :)

Though the forms are limited by alignment a few light side users of the force have been able to use the dark side forms without corruption and seduction of the darkside.

Form III - Soresu

Form VI - Niman

but...

Whatever one gets the job done without me getting killed. :)
I agree this is most important but in addition to not getting killed I would also want to avoid getting maimed a la one Anakin Skywalker. ;)

Jar'Kai: In order to master it, you have to master Niman first. Not many users known, but known users are Ashjj, Revan (In KOTOR 2)

:eyeraise: Eh? What's that you say? Revan is depicted using two lightsabers in TSL? Uh, I must have missed that. Would someone knowledgeable about this care to elaborate? I would like to review that part of the game.

Dun möch for me, combined with Form II. It's so much more elegant and sophisticated than the other forms.
Yes, without question, Dun Möch definitely = Emperor Devon. :xp:

Form III - Soresu

Form VI - Niman

but...I agree this is most important but in addition to not getting killed I would also want to avoid getting maimed. ;)

:eyeraise: Eh? What's that you say? Revan is depicted using two lightsabers in TSL? Uh, I must have missed that. Would someone knowledgeable about this care to elaborate? I would like to review that part of the game.

In the sith tomb in the back of the cave on Korriban a vision depicted Revan using two lightsabers. Though i'd really like to know what form he was using in the cutscene on his flagship when he was about to engage Bastilla and the remaining Jedi in a duel. See how he holds the blade in this picture? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Revanconfronted.jpg

but...I agree this is most important but in addition to not getting killed I would also want to avoid getting maimed a la one Anakin Skywalker. ;)

Hence why you should want to avoid a lightsaber dual at all costs... last resort only.

Force Lightning or Sith Gauntlet™ and a Shield Taslisman for me thanks. :D

In the sith tomb in the back of the cave on Korriban a vision depicted Revan using two lightsabers.

This was because while using two sabers the Revan models stiff starched and ill modeled cape wouldn't show as badly. ;)

In the sith tomb in the back of the cave on Korriban a vision depicted Revan using two lightsabers. Though i'd really like to know what form he was using in the cutscene on his flagship when he was about to engage Bastilla and the remaining Jedi in a duel. See how he holds the blade in this picture? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Revanconfronted.jpg

Yeah, this is still controversial if Revan is still a Single-blade wielder or Jar'Kai user. For me, I favor Jar'Kai.

That looks like Soresu doesn't it? I think that's the form he uses, in that cutscene at least...

But then, on This Page it has a picture of Revan saying "Darth Revan in a Jar'Kai stance", but it also says he uses Juyo...Strange.

My favourite is Juyo/Vaapad, but I also like Soresu for its defensive capabilities...

The battle between Mace and Palpy is one of my favourites because they are both users of the same basic style so they are quite evenly matched, but I think Mace's style is superior and by far the best style...

"I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light."

— Mace Windu to Obi-Wan Kenobi

I agree with some other people though, switch your lightsaber form as it fits the situation, but Soresu and Juyo/Vaapad is what I would use...Because they incorporate both very effective defensive and offensive elements

Btw, if Obi-Wan hadn't sacrificed himself against Vader in Episode IV, could he have won against Vader using Soresu? Or were his Force powers too drained to be able to do that? Because it seems to me that it would take a lot of power in the Force to be able to return after becoming one with the Force to guide Luke...

Another very good guide can be found here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightsaber_combat

In the sith tomb in the back of the cave on Korriban a vision depicted Revan using two lightsabers.

Ah, I see. Muchas gracias señor. :hattip: I went back through that section of the game last night. I must be getting old and senile. :D

This was because while using two sabers the Revan models stiff starched and ill modeled cape wouldn't show as badly. ;)
:animelol: As good a reason as any. It's a much more humorous reason than most others, heh-heh-heh.

Ah, I see. Muchas gracias señor. :hattip: I went back through that section of the game last night. I must be getting old and senile. :D

:animelol: As good a reason as any. It's a much more humorous reason than most others, heh-heh-heh.

All I can catch in this Spanich is "Gracias". Can you translate it into English? I think roughly: "Thanks very much, sir."

Well, Moch is another very powerful technique because it can redeem a fallen Jedi like Darth Vader's Redemption. It's better than pure lightsaber duel.

Sokan interests me the most.

Although, I once again have to agree with Jae.

I'll use what ever form is best suited for the particular aggressive negotiation I am presently engaged in.

During TSL, I varied my forms depending on the situation.

Sokan's use of movement and evasive techniques and the utilization of the terrain around you while concentrating on swift, deadly strokes primarily to vital areas, sounds curiously like the teachings and techniques of Sun Tzu.

Sokan interests me the most.

Although, I once again have to agree with Jae.

I'll use what ever form is best suited for the particular aggressive negotiation I am presently engaged in.

During TSL, I varied my forms depending on the situation.

Sokan's use of movement and evasive techniques and the utilization of the terrain around you while concentrating on swift, deadly strokes primarily to vital areas, sounds curiously like the teachings and techniques of Sun Tzu.

I thought that was just common sense...

Archived