Home

Wookie PC

Ras8472

would it be possible to reskin the Hanharr model in Kotor2 a bit to make him look different and instead of overwriting the Hanharr NPC could it be possible to make it into a PC, i think it would be cool to play as a jedi/sith wookie, just imagine it, what would you do if you saw an 8 foot walking carpet holding a red double bladed lightsaber and it was charging at you screaming at the top of its lungs, i know id be saying "HOLY ****!" lol

Well, you wouldn't be able to wear any armor or certain items. You would be restricted to certain weapons, I don't think the Hanharr model has any force power animations (then again I could be wrong).

All in all I believe the final result would be more buggy than cool. :/

But I haven't been here for a while so don't take my word 100%, wait till someone with more modding knowledge comes along, they'll know.

My Hanharr is a walking carpet that wields a red doublesided lightsaber (thank you TSL Warpband), and alot of his force powers work just fine. Still, if you really want a wookie as a PC, then you should just use the savegame editor and change the portrait, appearance, and name with that.

Well, you wouldn't be able to wear any armor or certain items. You would be restricted to certain weapons, I don't think the Hanharr model has any force power animations (then again I could be wrong).

All in all I believe the final result would be more buggy than cool. :/

But I haven't been here for a while so don't take my word 100%, wait till someone with more modding knowledge comes along, they'll know.

Actually, I think I remember Hanharr can use melee and ranged, and then you can turn him into a Sith, allowing him to use Force Powers and also Lightsabers. But you couldn't wear any armor or headgear, as you said.

_EW_

Thats cool i dont mind the no armor thing at all just so long as im a giant mutant carpet carving my way through the galaxy one rodian at a time...anyways i myself have 0 modding experience so i wouldnt know how to reskin hanharrs look (color and shading of his fur) muchless actually turn him into a pc. But yea in case i wasnt clear enough with what i wanted, just a simple reskin of hanharr and have him playable.

Oh no, you were clear. It's just that previous "turn non-human shaped people into pc" mods haven't turned out too well. Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station). I would imagine that the same would happen with a wookie.

Oh no, you were clear. It's just that previous "turn non-human shaped people into pc" mods haven't turned out too well. Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station). I would imagine that the same would happen with a wookie.

I agree.

_EW_

Doing it with Vandar (the yoda-guy) freezes the game whenever the game forces you to put clothes on (such as citadel station).

That's usually caused by not adding models/textures to the different clothing model slots (model* and tex* columns in appearance.2da) of the appearance types though. If they are left at **** (like many of the NPC-only appearance types are) and the character equips clothing with any of those bodyvars in the game it crashes, even for full model appearance types, for some reason.

Archived