Home

Which one?

Phoenixz

Which one do you prefer?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer?

• Knights of the old republic I
    • Knights of the old republic II

I recently completed both star wars knights of the old republics, I prefered the first 1 by far, what about you guys?

First off, welcome to the Forums. Second, this needs to be moved to the Ahto Spaceport Cantina, since this about both KOTORs. Keeping on topic, I think KOTOR, simply because there was loads of Lightsabers, it was a completed Game and the majority of Party Members were a better excuse, compared to half of the Party Members on TSL.

Welcome!

I prefer K1 for the story and characters/relationships, but I find myself playing TSL more often because IMO it looks and plays better, plus there's much more to experience with mods and modding. Hopefully with a K3 they'll find the right combo of what was great in K1 and great in TSL and turn it all up a notch!

I think both are great in there own ways, and it's hard to decide witch one that is the best. But i most go with K1 because the ending of TSL wasnt that good, and the cut content like the HK factory still mention in the game. If the ending would have been diffrent and they would clean all the mentions to cut content i would have go with TSL

KotOR I, because it was fun, colourful and unique. KotOR II, on the other hand was much more boring and repititive. It had great story, but it seemed so incomplete and gameplay was pretty much a copy of KotOR I. The graphics pissed me off and the characters seemed a little cliché and boring. The whole Influence idea was good, but they shouldn't have melded it with character backgrounds.

KotOR I, by far.

KotOR II by far, why you ask? Don't know really, can't say I have a valid argument, other than the fact that your PC was the "exile" meaning your unique character, stayed unique, s/he didn't get turned into Revan half-way through the game. I felt like I had more of an attachment to my chracter because of that. Also modding K2 was funner for me, I don't know why exactly, perhaps because I was better at it by then.

KotOR I, because it was fun, colourful and unique. KotOR II, on the other hand was much more boring and repititive. It had great story, but it seemed so incomplete and gameplay was pretty much a copy of KotOR I. The graphics pissed me off and the characters seemed a little cliché and boring. The whole Influence idea was good, but they shouldn't have melded it with character backgrounds.

KotOR I, by far.

K1 story is unique. :eek::lol:

The first part of the Revan story is a ripoff of the Luke Skywalker story. The plot twist is blatent ripoff from Blader's Gate 1 (another Bioware game). Bastila is 99% the same character Aribeth from Neverwinter Nights (again Bioware). The lightsided ending is very similar to the ending of A New Hope.

While I do have problems with K2 overall. I think it is a better game.

The first part of the Revan story is a ripoff of the Luke Skywalker story.
The Luke Skywalker story is a ripoff of the Arthurian Legend, which in turn is a ripoff of Tristan & Isolde which in turn is a ripoff... etc.

The plot twist is blatent ripoff from Blader's Gate 1 (another Bioware game).
The plot twist is in Baldur's Gate is a ripoff of the movie Angel Heart which in turn is a ripoff of Oedipus, which in turn... etc.

Bastila is 99% the same character Aribeth from Neverwinter Nights (again Bioware).
Aribeth is a ripoff of Zula from Conan the Destroyer which in turn is a ripoff of Sheherazade which in turn is a ripoff of Beatrice from Dante's Inferno which in turn... etc.

The lightsided ending is very similar to the ending of A New Hope.
A New Hope, which was the main inspiration of the game that was Knights of the Old Republic and to whom they paid homage.

And the same rationale can be applied to Kotor 2 TSL, with the exact same results.

Originality in this day and age is only an illusion. Everything has been done before... many times! It doesn't matter if it has been done once or a thousand times, it matters how well it meshes, how good the story is and how skilled it is told. And in this regard Kotor 1 works. It takes a very cliché story and makes it interesting, captivating and their own.

KotOR II by far for me. I liked the darker story, much less linear planets, and the new Sith Lords. Kreia, Sion and Nihilus beat Malak easily. He was a great bad guy, but a cliche. The ones in KotOR II felt more original to me. The Exile's relations wit hthe other NPCs felt much more personal, as well.

I suppose the new feats, powers, and other features were a good inclusion, but I preffer the sotry over things like that myself. :)

@montnoir, I've read Dante's Inferno and I can't see many similarities between Beatrice and Bastila. :)

K2 by far, the K1 story was WAY better, but K2 was just better in the gameplay in my opinion. I pwn in both anyway, so i don't care. :D

@Pottsie--K2 IS a complete game, the guys just cut half the game. I'm sure that, if you play K2 when the TSLRP comes out, you'll be astonished.

I admit I prefer TSL gameplay and the Sith Lords, like Emperor D said, but if I had to choose it would be KOTOR for some reason.

Archived