Home

The Have You Ever Thread!

RaV™

If you ever done a certain feat that is more than hard list it here. As an example would be fighting the rancor in the sewers without using the odor trick. I've tried it before a million times, but i've died a million times.

My have you ever question is on Korriban killing both Sith Masters in the tomb, then having to fight through all of the sith throughout the enclave? Never tried it, but I heard it's a very hard feat to do.

If you ever done a certain feat that is more than hard list it here. As an example would be fighting the rancor in the sewers without using the odor trick. I've tried it before a million times, but i've died a million times.

My have you ever question is on Korriban killing both Sith Masters in the tomb, then having to fight through all of the sith throughout the enclave? Never tried it, but I heard it's a very hard feat to do.

I never even knew about the odor thing until I played through the game a few times. It's actually quite easy to kill him without it. If you can make it across the room to the door without dying, you can just stand in the doorway and chuck grenades, and he can't get you. Only takes approx. 6-7 grenades to kill him.

I've done the rancor thing the first couple of times because i didn't know bout the odor trick just stood in the doorway and blaster him took ages if i remember

and I always do the korriban thing because it gets you a lot of xp and its funny its easy after a few times

Another trick for the Rancor.. take Mission.

Stealth her up (solo mode with your party in the adjoining hallway) and lay a track of mines just behind the Rancor. At the end of the track, unstealth and the Rancor will turn tail and charge, only to die (quickly). Boom, extra XP and a killer screenshot opportunity with the dead Rancor laying at Mission's feet. Only takes about 5-7 mines and he's toast. :devsmoke:

Mission is awesome if you give her some playtime in the game...

Same goes for Jolee and Juhanni, but it takes time for their skills to really shine :D

Rancor can be defeated easily by:

1.) Throw a grenade

2.) Go into cover

3.) Repeat until dead

But that is not worth it.

Korriban Academy is easy as well, just exploit our beloved imbalanced Force Wave. Damage (almost as much as ligthning) and stunning in one force power? Hell yes!

Did you ever defeat Malak without killing the prisoner jedis, and WITHOUT healing yourself or using stims? Now that is really difficult, relying on force powers to heal you can be tough....

I've done that, so many times LS.

Ditto. I always convert Yuthura back the LS, so the academy goes hostile on us. I use Juhani and Carth for that though, Juhani is always just inside the door, I leave her on her own (and she took out all the Sith down there, BTW) and go help Carth.

I use Mission to stealth my way past the rancor to the door, then kill those two guards (one frag grenade usually does the trick), and then just stand there and lob grenades at the rancor from inside the door until it's dead. The rancor can't get to you so you don't have to worry about running away and then coming back. Also after you kill it this way, you can use the odor to "kill" it again. :D

I have killed the Rancor on Taris in a grenade combat. And i almost evrytime slaugther all the sith in the academy, i think it's a easy battle.

@Vaelastraz: I have killed Malak and let him use up all the prisoners, but dont think without using and medpacs. But now i have Hardcore mod, and hardcore Malak installed, so i think it would probaly be impossible to do it. Or it would be a very long battle

I doubt I've ever done Korriban any other way. But then, I leave Korr till last in both games, so I'm pretty uber by then. Even the times I chose to slaughter both Uthar and Uthura at once, rarely did I have too much trouble. Major exp in clearing house on your way through the academy, and lots and lots of dead npc sith.

One note on killing the Rancor in the Taris sewers: He is immune to energy, so ordinary blasters don't work. He also has a defense of 27 if memory serves. You need to get a disrupter weapon (because they do physical damage) to kill him. The armory in the Vulkar base has one, but to get to it you have to sneak past the Rancor in stealth mode (which requires a fairly high stealth level for this part of the game) and solo the Vulkar base until you've gotten the disrupter rifle. Then go back out and shoot at the Rancor from the tunnel, where it can't reach you. With such a high defense I could only hit it by rolling a 20 (autohit) and the beast has very high VP. It took about half an hour to take it down. Fun to do once, but way too time consuming, even for 750 exp.

The Sith academy is not that tough. I found the Terentaks in the tomb of Naga Sadow harder personally. There are a lot of enemies in the Sith academy, but most use blasters, so Jedi defense (advanced or master of course being even better) is terribly effective, especially if you have bonuses to blaster deflection from other equipment.

What about beating Malak on difficult exclusively using force powers (excluding throw lightsaber)?

One note on killing the Rancor in the Taris sewers: He is immune to energy, so ordinary blasters don't work. He also has a defense of 27 if memory serves. You need to get a disrupter weapon (because they do physical damage) to kill him. The armory in the Vulkar base has one, but to get to it you have to sneak past the Rancor in stealth mode (which requires a fairly high stealth level for this part of the game) and solo the Vulkar base until you've gotten the disrupter rifle. Then go back out and shoot at the Rancor from the tunnel, where it can't reach you. With such a high defense I could only hit it by rolling a 20 (autohit) and the beast has very high VP. It took about half an hour to take it down. Fun to do once, but way too time consuming, even for 750 exp.

That rancor is hungry, feed him a few frag grenades then plant a gas mine near one of the bodies and 'spice' it up with the fragrance to get him interested, once he eats it he'll be dead in moments. Never tried shooting at him, just figured he's too big for blasters.

Odor = 250 EXP

Fragging = 750EXP

I would consider it worth while.

Try this, kill the Rancor like ChAiNz.2da or the others describe, then do the odor thick. I just got the 750 exp plus the 250 exp. I’ve always just used the odor before so thank you everyone for the tips.

I'm usually up to my eyeballs in them before ever reaching the Rancor. Any excuse to use the buggers are welcomed by me :D

Agreed, it is well worth the mines for the 750 exp.

As a LS player I’ve never killed both Masters. I’ve sided with Yuthura then tried to convert her back to the LS. I usually kill everything else on my way through the Sith Academy. After killing everyone in the Academy I go back into the Valley of Dark Lords and kill the guards. I usually take Jolee and Mission (with Redhawke’s Make Mission a Jedi mod) with me.

Zat, that was the same method I used to beat Malak my first (and only - got the game 2 weeks ago) time I played through the entire game. I did have my light saber though, but only for the +5 force regeneration. Oddly, I believe that method is more effective with a LS consular because you can get your wisdom modifier all the way to +10 and your charisma to +5 with the right equipment and full LS bonus, drastically increasing the DC of your force powers. You can get the DC all the way to 44 (46 with master valor) vs. Malak's fortitude of 38, so you've got a 30% (40% with valor) chance of any given attempt connecting and knocking off half of his VP. It costs more FP if you're LS, but a 2/18 LS consular with the build and equipment I had ends up with 454 FP and +5 FP regeneration, which is nearly infinite. That Revan couldn't take too many hits though :)

Edit: General question, but I find experience a lot easier to come by than credits in this game. Why is it worth trading several hundred credits worth of grenades for 550 exp when you can just go kill a few rakghouls (or later, kath hounds or wraids)? I'm new to this game, so it's possible I'm playing poorly somehow to have come to this conclusion. I usually save up all my grenades other than adhesive and sell them, since a lot of the best equipment is expensive.

I feel like I am a wimp compared to eveyrone just slaughtering every single sith at the academy plus taking on the Rancor?? Just a question is the rancor from the sewers larger than the ones on the unknown planet or is it just that your uber at the game and they're so easy??

Archived