Home

The Have You Ever Thread!

RaV™

Edit: General question, but I find experience a lot easier to come by than credits in this game. Why is it worth trading several hundred credits worth of grenades for 550 exp when you can just go kill a few rakghouls (or later, kath hounds or wraids)? I'm new to this game, so it's possible I'm playing poorly somehow to have come to this conclusion. I usually save up all my grenades other than adhesive and sell them, since a lot of the best equipment is expensive.

I usually have no problem with credits after I leave Dantooine. After that I sell anything I'm not going to use to Suvam Tan on Yavin Space Station. He seems to pay more for items.

Just a question is the rancor from the sewers larger than the ones on the unknown planet or is it just that your uber at the game and they're so easy??

The Rancors on the unknown planet are a lot smaller and easier to kill with weapons than the one in the sewer. Probably smell better too.

The thing you have to ask yourself is how the hell did it get in there. Considering Rancors are'nt native to Taris and it'd be noticed if you tried to smuggle one in. I smell conspiracy. I have always used mission and that trick with the scent thingy, although im just getting into the sewers again so i shall have to try it.

I enjoy a good multi-opponent battle, so I usually leave Yuthura full strength and engage them both. I love the look on Uthar's face when I reveal my LS intentions.

As for the rancor, I'm usually in a hurry to get out of there so I just grenade him and move on. However, thanks for the XP tip. Next time I'll utilize it.

I wonder what that smells like anyway.

How many times did you try to defeat Calo Nord the first time you met him?

I don't want to reveal how stupid I was.

How many times did you try to defeat Calo Nord the first time you met him? I don't want to reveal how stupid I was.

I tried more times than I care to admit. Almost as many times as I tried to kill the Rancor head on. Wasn’t very smart of me, but it taught me to save and save often.

The Rancor in the Taris sewers also has claws with the Instant Death property as well... one hit and you die.

I did not know that, I just thought my PC was always a real wimp at that stage of the game. I remember the first time I played RedHawke’s RHORDMandell Mod, I believe the he named his little surprise Mr. Happy. Anyway it scared the hell out of me, but eventually I was able to kill it.

My guess is you remove the Instant Death from the claws?

Great mod by the way.

To be honest I have not done that yet. Once almost with a modded saber made by a guy from school but I never really killed him there. After a lot (really A LOT) of times I thought is was impossible at that moment but I'm gonna try again.

I'm 99.9% sure it is impossible. I tried more than I'm going to admit and was never able to. I even used ever mod I could think of to no avail.

I know from the KSE that there is an Instra-Kill Pistol (g_w_Blstrpst1020) within the KOTOR. I believe Calo Nord is carrying that weapon at the first of the game on Taris. After using KSE to retrieve four Instra-Kill Pistols and equipping my PC and Carth with the same weapons and it had no effect on Calo Nord, but he killed each of us with one shot each. I’ve updated my estimate as now I’m 100.00% sure it is impossible to kill Calo Nord on Taris.

Archived